Limp mode

#1 by Daved ( Guest ) , Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:08 am

Hello everyone. My name is Dave and I have an l200
Animal 07.i have my truck 3 years and love it. Recently it started going into limp mode as you were driving along.
I brought it to the mechanic I use all the time and he told me it would be one of 3 things.
Fuel filter,flow meter or injectors. We replaced the filter. This did not work we are not changing the flow meter (pump control valve)
He has told me that if this does not work that we will need to change the injectors. He has told me this is not a 5 minute job because the injectors are built into the engine and he will need to take the head off. I am very confused as I have never heard of this. Has anybody come across this??? Any information will be greatly received. Thank you....

Daved

RE: Limp mode

#2 by 123hotchef , Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:20 am

I take it this is a newer shape truck aka PRAM? what fault code you got? and why are you not changing the SCV it is a common problem on the prams

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

RE: Limp mode

#3 by Guest , Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:26 am

Hello 123 hotchef.
All I was told is that it was coming up with 2 faults saying it was a fuel issue. When it goes in limp mode if you stop take the key out and let it for about 30 seconds and the start to drive again it is fine. It might go 3 times in the space of a mile but then it might not happen again for 30 mins or a day it's very hit and miss but has been getting worse lately.

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
2017 l200 club cab hardtop

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor