Green light and other bits

#1 by Dingle ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Been and viewed another 3 trucks today, god used car salesmen are fibbers!!

1st one was pretty good

2nd one was ok bodywork wise but rough as interior wise

3rd one (described as "a credit to its former keeper") ..... Must of been owned by Stevie Wonder then ...... EVERY panel had various scratches, dents & nastiness ....... In fairness the interior was VERY tidy but not leather either ......

So back to the first truck ......... Black, 52 plate, 72000 miles (genuine), roll bar, side steps, tints, roll cover on the back, interior pretty clean (bar a phone holder and sat nav / tv screen, 2nd head unit missing the disc)

It's the right price (and I think I could knock em down a little)

Only 2 things concern me about it .............

1. It has no spare key ...... Does the main key have the blip for remote central lockiing in it ? Or is it on a fob ?
The key it has is just a key ........

2. The green 4wd light flashes when it's in 2wd ..... When in 4wd low & high it's on permenently .... Is this a problem ?? What does it mean ??
The dealer claims its just cos its been sat a while .......

Dingle
Last edited Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:15 pm | Top

RE: Green light and other bits

#2 by stormforce , Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:11 pm

When in 2wd the green light on mine flashes a few times when started up then goes out and in hi and low 4wd the light is on permenantly.If you lived closer to Cornwall then if you had a decent cloth interior i would be willing to do a swap for the leather Warrior seats in mine

2011 Blue L200 Warrior.17" alloys 2.5 Di D 178 bhp
Richard
Trainee Mod

http://holmesheritageturkeys.weebly.com/

stormforce
Date registered 10.17.2011

#3 by Dingle ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:19 pm

The light was flashing throughout the 10min test drive ...... I'm going back tomorrow to look at it more, but wondered if it's a major problem ??

Also is a new remote unlocking key very expensive ??

Dingle

#4 by Greigboy , Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:19 pm

A 52 plate will not have factory remote central locking, budget about 75 for another key as it has a transponder inside the key to disarm the factory imobiliser
Flashing green light in 2wd is a very common fault, NOTHING to do with it lying a while, it's a vacuum fault, could be a solenoid, burst or blocked pipe or faulty front diff actuator, or corroded pressure vesel, it's annoying as Fcuk but will do no harm to the truck. As the 4wd system is mechanical so it doesn't matter what the light says, if the selector is in 2wd then your in 2wd.
The light is supposed to be on solid when in 4l & 4h

Former owner of a 2003 L200 WARRIOR IN SILVER and a 2001 L200 ANIMAL IN RED/SILVER

Greigboy
Date registered 10.02.2011

#5 by Dingle ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Thank you so much guys for your replies, this place is proving invaluable for info on these trucks and I'm so glad I found it, I will be donating once I have my truck!

This is the one I'm going back to tomorrow.

http://www.topgearmotorscoventry.co.uk/u...201205445838879

Dingle
Last edited Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:18 pm | Top

#6 by krutly , Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Hey Ding , I've had a look at the pics of the 52 plate. I'm sure someone else will know more than me but I think one of the gear knobs has been changed as one is leather and the other is plastic. Also the front indicators are orange and I feel they should have been clear as the side and tail ones are clear(although they did change over around that year). Other than a few screw holes that will be in the dash and what looks like a scratch on the tailgate(again this may be the light) there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it to look at.Looks like a tidy motor, make sure you give it a good test drive
good luck mate

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#7 by ColinTheCop , Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Posted by: Dingle

Looks clean but i'd be looking at an 05 plate for that price, which had the rather nifty front end facelift before the new model came out....

For £500 more, which may be even less if you haggle, this would be on my driveway.... (clicky)

Werbung:

05 Warrior

The following contents have been linked to this post::

ColinTheCop
Date registered 11.20.2011

#8 by Dingle ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Posted by: krutly
Hey Ding , I've had a look at the pics of the 52 plate. I'm sure someone else will know more than me but I think one of the gear knobs has been changed as one is leather and the other is plastic. Also the front indicators are orange and I feel they should have been clear as the side and tail ones are clear(although they did change over around that year). Other than a few screw holes that will be in the dash and what looks like a scratch on the tailgate(again this may be the light) there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it to look at.Looks like a tidy motor, make sure you give it a good test drive
good luck mate

Hadnt noticed the gear knob will check taht tomorrow, noticed the indicators as some of the later ones iv looked at have clears which look nicer, yup screw holes in the dash after pap removal im expecting .......and very astute of you someone has indeed keyed the tailgate but i reckon i could polish it out.

Longer test drive and a good crawl underneath it tomorrow.

Posted by: ColinTheCop

Looks clean but i'd be looking at an 05 plate for that price, which had the rather nifty front end facelift before the new model came out....

For £500 more, which may be even less if you haggle, this would be on my driveway.... (clicky)

Werbung:

What was changed on the face lift then ?

Also any ideas of mileage on that one ?

I prefer the older wheels mind you and the ones on this are in great condition suprisingly!!

Dingle

#9 by 4life-extreme , Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Tidy truck there I think try and knock him down £500. Make sure all the belts and tensioners have been done and ask for any work reciepts from previous owner or even contact the previous owner if posible.

you will enjoy getting it muddy.

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

#10 by Greigboy , Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Thank you so much guys for your replies, this place is proving invaluable for info on these trucks and I'm so glad I found it, I will be donating once I have my truck!

Looks okay from the photos but pretty expensive mate, I bought an 03 warrior almost a year ago to the day, 67000 genuine with full Mitsi history (not big jims garage) and a shit load of factory extras, I paid £4200 for it and that wasn't that cheap compared to others at the time.
I'd say at best mine is worth £3600 at present and it's slightly newer and has the same miles as the one your looking at so he's about a grand off the mark, id expect at least a tidy 54 plate for that money.
I don't know your circumstances but as per Colins post I'd have a look at the private sales as your clearly paying a premium at these backstreet used car dealers and their warranties are usually not worth a toss and their finance is generally through the roof as well

Former owner of a 2003 L200 WARRIOR IN SILVER and a 2001 L200 ANIMAL IN RED/SILVER

Greigboy

#11 by Stick , Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Good test drive and a good rumage around and see what you can find to use to knock monies off!! Ask for the little thing to be sorted maybe before picking up,

Mine came with orange front and clear rears, i actually prfer the orange fronts ones, i like them like this. No major to change, around £20 to change the fronts to clear.

Regarding the gear knob, when the thin leather wrap comes of the gearknob its just hard plastice underneath, both mine were like this, they screw one and off though so i'd say another £20 tops for a leather knob or a trip to the local breakers with some pants with pockets...

I carry an OCD warning......and Tourettes

GOBSHITE!

Stick
Date registered 11.02.2011

#12 by Dingle ( deleted ) , Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Posted by: 4life-extreme
Tidy truck there I think try and knock him down £500. Make sure all the belts and tensioners have been done and ask for any work reciepts from previous owner or even contact the previous owner if posible.

you will enjoy getting it muddy.

I was planning going in at £4500 .... they can only say no ! Belts - check ........... Tensioners - check .......... there is a stamped service history with it, a run down of all previous mot's and any advisories (did you know anyone can get this off the Government site ???)

Posted by: Greigboy

Looks okay from the photos but pretty expensive mate, I bought an 03 warrior almost a year ago to the day, 67000 genuine with full Mitsi history (not big jims garage) and a shit load of factory extras, I paid £4200 for it and that wasn't that cheap compared to others at the time.
I'd say at best mine is worth £3600 at present and it's slightly newer and has the same miles as the one your looking at so he's about a grand off the mark, id expect at least a tidy 54 plate for that money.
I don't know your circumstances but as per Colins post I'd have a look at the private sales as your clearly paying a premium at these backstreet used car dealers and their warranties are usually not worth a toss and their finance is generally through the roof as well

From my many hours of trawling Auto Trader / Ebay its no that expensive in comparison to what else is out there ...... and im just not willing to take the risk of a private sale with no come back ....... at least from a dealer i will have something in writing and 3 months care free motoring.
And there wont be any finance on this so i dont have to worry about that side of things !
Thanks for the suggestions though.

Posted by: Stick
Good test drive and a good rumage around and see what you can find to use to knock monies off!! Ask for the little thing to be sorted maybe before picking up,

Mine came with orange front and clear rears, i actually prfer the orange fronts ones, i like them like this. No major to change, around £20 to change the fronts to clear.

Regarding the gear knob, when the thin leather wrap comes of the gearknob its just hard plastice underneath, both mine were like this, they screw one and off though so i'd say another £20 tops for a leather knob or a trip to the local breakers with some pants with pockets...

Thats the plan, im going to present them with a list of things that are going to cost me and gradually knock em down !

Again thanks for the info there ...... all usefull stuff to know.

Dingle

#13 by navara lover , Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:14 pm

DNT DO IT, DONT DO IT, BUY A NAVARA ITS THE WAY FORWARD,

all joking aside, thats a bit steep for a 52 dude, theres plenty about for loads cheaper, have a scout about,

Nissan navara, d22, outlaw, (bottom end done)
265/70/17 kuhmo kl71's

navara lover
Date registered 05.21.2012

#14 by Dingle ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:46 am

Also I forgot to ask ..... It has a choke lever ..... / pull out knob (fnar fnar) really ? A choke on a diesel??

Dingle

#15 by krutly , Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:55 am

Nothing wrong with a good "knob" gag
tha knob you are refering to is (I think) to raise the engine speed when using winches etc, although some have used this as a kind of improvised cruise control. some trucks have 'em , some don't .......... mine don't

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#16 by treeboa , Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:11 am

choke is the hand throttle mate, handy thing as a poor mans cruise control, if your going for it before parting with any cash go find a nice long ideally steep hill and load it up, the temp gauge should not move, if it does shes overheating and you could be in a world of pain later on, stamped service books prove nowt, too many `dealers` have a stamp for making up a paper storey, how many previous owners has it had, may be worth asking to see the log book and trying to contact the previous and ask a few questions in that direction

looks like shes on road tyres, duelers as well, not very good in the wet never mind if you venture into the sloppy stuff

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa

#17 by Dingle ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:20 am

Posted by: krutly
Nothing wrong with a good "knob" gag
tha knob you are refering to is (I think) to raise the engine speed when using winches etc, although some have used this as a kind of improvised cruise control. some trucks have 'em , some don't .......... mine don't

See this is what i love answers and knob gags at 9 am in the morning !

Everydays a school day

Thanks for that

Posted by: treeboa
choke is the hand throttle mate, handy thing as a poor mans cruise control, if your going for it before parting with any cash go find a nice long ideally steep hill and load it up, the temp gauge should not move, if it does shes overheating and you could be in a world of pain later on, stamped service books prove nowt, too many `dealers` have a stamp for making up a paper storey, how many previous owners has it had, may be worth asking to see the log book and trying to contact the previous and ask a few questions in that direction

looks like shes on road tyres, duelers as well, not very good in the wet never mind if you venture into the sloppy stuff

I shall find a hill today, previous owners .......3 i believe, owned by a garden centre originally by the looks of the service book, yup tyres didnt look too clever but it did lash it down during my test drive and i did attempt some sideways action on a big roundabout but it felt pretty good tbh, il be putting some muds on it myself anyway.

It might never touch the brown stuff its quite shiny ..... lol

Dingle

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
bk joinery/locksmith and painting

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor