DIY laser wheel tracking gauge

#1 by Heathen , Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Got fed up of tyre garages telling me my tracking is nearly right and not bothering to make it actually right, so decided to have a go at making an accurate set of wheel tracking gauges. Cleaned up a pair of 206 brake disks and drilled and tapped some holes in them, cut some aluminium poles from 2 old strimmer shafts which were bolted to the disks. Used 2 old L200 shackle plates welded to some 10mm threaded bar which was bolted to a slot in the upright pole. On one of these gizmos I attached a bit of perspex using some old angle iron. On the other one I bolted two bits of box section to act as an anchor for a bosch laser spirit level. Total cost was about £35, £30 on the level and £5 on some fresh M10 bolts. Hope you like em

Scale holder - not got round to making proper scale yet:
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Laser spirit level holder:

First trial checking 0 tracking of rear wheel to front (you can just see my calculated 0 mark on the perspex):

Tracking front to rear:

'02 K74 single cab.

Heathen
Date registered 05.20.2016

RE: DIY laser wheel tracking gauge

#2 by 123hotchef , Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:37 pm

nice one puts my old school string system to shame but hey if it works that is all that matters mate save urself a few quid and get the satisfaction of doing it yourself correctly huh

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
What sound system have you fitted?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor