RE: Ebay classic winch bumper

#26 by Danne , Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I got about £400 on the shop with shipping and £425 on ebay.
But with the discount it would be even less in the shop.

Truck: L200 -06 classic

Danne
Date registered 04.22.2012

#27 by Yoda , Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Being on this site is not good for the wallet

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

#28 by 4life-extreme , Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:34 pm

price has been altered now

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

#29 by skotl , Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Posted by: Yoda
Being on this site is not good for the wallet

That's for bloody sure!

2006 warrior auto, black&chrome, roll bars, TopUp load cover. K&N, reverse sensors, cruise, BFG AT KO 265/70/17, surfari snorkel. Stainless straight through side exhaust. nderbody armour. Rock-sliders

skotl
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.09.2012

#30 by Greigboy , Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Posted by: 4life-extreme
price has been altered now

Something not right there, it's jumped about £100 when the vat should only have lifted it another £50 odd

Former owner of a 2003 L200 WARRIOR IN SILVER and a 2001 L200 ANIMAL IN RED/SILVER

Greigboy
Date registered 10.02.2011

#31 by Deleted User , Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:33 pm

just checked and if you buy it on their site its 319.20 inclusive of taxes, and then you can add that coupon thingi

#32 by Danne , Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Anybody knows how this works with airbags, oilcoolers and such?

Truck: L200 -06 classic

Danne
Date registered 04.22.2012

#33 by Basil , Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 pm

doesn`t affect the oil cooler at all as there is a lot of air space inside the winch bumper, not a clue if the air bags will deploy if I prang it, I`m thinking unless I hit a lorry , I should win

2007, Y plate 4life,
2010, 55 plate L200 4work++
March 2013, 11 plate Barbarian. Wrapped, OME all round, remapped to 210, straight piped 2.5" SS.

Basil
Forum Legend
Date registered 03.07.2012

#34 by LezT , Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Impact sensor should be on the gear tunnel underneath the stereo, should not be effected apart from killing a few things before it ever goes off.

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

#35 by CCCreations , Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:42 pm

I know i sound like i say i make everything, but i am working a set of winch style bumpers for trucks. They are fibreglass ones which look like the metal ones but for those people that only want the look and not the weight of a real one.

For years i was rolling round with a big heavy bumper on my truck that was only there for looks, so i made a fibreglass one.

I now plan on making winch pans that fit the trucks with fibreglass surrounds as the fibreglass can take a some hard hits and just bounce back

CCCreations
Date registered 05.23.2012

#36 by woody13 , Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 pm

It looks the part but can walk the walk in the real world....

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North West England
2.8 Import,gone but not forgotten...
The Beast,never to be forgotten...
The Big Silver Beastie,soon to be reborn...

The Frankenfender is on its way....

woody13
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.05.2011

#37 by Yoda , Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:34 am

SOLD! I'll have one Jo! Number one, I don't want to spend massive amounts on a steel bumper. Number 2, I want it mostly for tyre clearance. Number 3, I don't want the extra weight of the steel bumper. Number 4, my off roading is limited to green laning and adventure days, not hardcore. So as you infer, it will be better than the original but not as tough as a steel. Suits me perfectly! If we can modify it for a winch tray later then even better!

And just another thought..... could we not have a chequer plate underside to provide some sort of scuff protection. An extended bash guard if you will.

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda

#38 by CCCreations , Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:32 pm

You can cut why ever you want out of it and mount it however you like. The standard one is £100 + p&p that will give you that shape with it being around 4mil thick. Additionally I can make them from weave cloth lighter and much stronger or all the way upto Kevlar if you wanted to go crazy. Can be tailored around what you intend to do. .

can bolt what ever you want onto it, It can also be cored to give it even greater strenth. When i start producing the ones for the hilux which will have winch trays in them ill be making some videos of me testing it till it breaks. I did it with my wheel arches when people did not believe they were strong.

Here are the sizes

CCCreations

Last edited 06.21.2012 | Top

#39 by Deleted User , Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Hmmmm im liking the look of this

#40 by krutly , Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:10 pm

every now and then you see something that you've never seen before,that you didn't know existed,and didn't need , only to find out ..... you now can't live without one ..... this is one of those moments

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#41 by CCCreations , Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks for the kind words guys, means alot. Ill be making different types of them with different looks and in set lights etc.

because its fibreglass you can do most of the cutting with basic tools and its alot easyer to work with and repair than steel. if you did mangae to crack it it can be patched up much easier than a dent in steel.

When im finished devloping them they will be as durable as havign a steel one

CCCreations

#42 by Yoda , Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Wicked stuff Jo. So what should we do? Sit back and wait for you to finish developing them? Do you need an L200 bumper (I've got a cracked one) or is it more of a generic item? I'm interested in the stronger version to be honest. I don't want a full steel one but I like the idea of the durability you speak of attaining if it can be done. How much for a full kevlar one? Or more to the point, what's the cost for the most durable one you can make?

Also, excuse my ignorance, but how do we mount a winch ... you cut out the bumper, winch fits on a tray which in turn mounts to the chassis?

Also, could I still keep my bull bar?

Yoda

#43 by CCCreations , Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 pm

This bumper is done really for the purpose of what it is, i am developing this one to fit a Hilux winch pan which wont be any use to you guys anyway etc, The bumpers are just a shell so mounting them would come down to how ever you wanted them on there. Ive test fitted it on my bumper and i could of just screwed it down onto the orginal bumper etc. All depends on the L200 bumper. Would need to see if one would A first fit on an L200 from the messurements of it then B test fit on on a real truck etc.

in reguards to my most durable one thats a hard one to answer as there are different types of "strenth" youve got ones that are outright strong and will take a smack but bend it or compact it and it will crack and others that will take the bending but hard outright smashes will break it.
Also the edges and joins will always be a weak point like in anything.

2 options i can think of:

a standard matt one with a core inside which will be very stiff and tough and fairly heavy ( in terms of fibreglass not steel)

a full kevlar one which will be thin and light and a good all rounder for all bashes and bumps. Price is the problem with this one as i get kevlar in at £17 a square meter and there is roughly 10 -12 square meteres worth needed for the bumper (at a guess) its also more time consuming to lay it into the mould as each piece needs to be cut and fitted as its more like a fabric. Also not as easy afterwards to cut various parts out.

there are pro s and cons to all of the them but its about finding the one best suited to you.

CCCreations

#44 by Yoda , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:14 pm

After we've got the arches sorted and fitted maybe I'll come down to you then? That way we can work out the best route. What do you think? Like I say I'm not planning on going hard core off road so maybe just a strentghened glass fibre one will do.

I can't say I know for sure what route to take. But now I have the option I know I don't want steel

Yoda

#45 by Deleted User , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:24 pm

And im now thinking of selling mine and getting one of these

#46 by Yoda , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Curious Raj..... whats the motivation? Weight, looks, ease of repair? There's a lot less to yours than most.

Yoda

Last edited 06.21.2012 | Top

#47 by Deleted User , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:34 pm

its the weight factor for me, this current one weighs a tonne!!!! U need 2 people to lift it, its easily over 60kg at least!!! And that without a winch.

#48 by Yoda , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Ah I see. I'm with you all the way then. If we drove around in Chevy's with mahhoooooosive V8's then I wouldn't mind the steel ones at all. Just a lot of weight to add to 2.5TD.

For me it's just working out what to get.... I understand the kevlar ones won't be cheap but it could be a viable light weight alternative to the steel ones. But the fibre ones are tougher than you would think and easy to repair.

Anyone know of any winch trays for our trucks?

Yoda

#49 by CCCreations , Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Well i mean if you guys can get winch pans made up to fit the truck this should be able to be cut around that to fit them on etc.

I can tell you now though once i make them to be tough they will be tough. I like testing things to destruction, when i used to build tables at school id be standing on them and jumping on them, the teacher would always be like why are you doing that? Well im testing its strong enough for anything haha.

Luke there are so many options we can do, kevlar, kevlar reinforced edges on a glass fibre bumper, weave haha the optional extras go on and on haha ill have to draw up a couple of level of of toughness haha.

CCCreations

#50 by Deleted User , Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 pm

Do you do metal fabrication as well? That way maybe you could fabricate the winch tray and build the composite bumper around it?

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
double hoop roll bar SOLD SOLD SOLD

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor