A very warm welcome to the forum to the following new members:

@sbs
@Emptywallet
@Rossi69
@Kestle
@Shocx
@Lil Bastard
@Mulljeff

Tell us a bit about yourself, what model you drive, where you're from etc.

You can also upgrade your profile & stick a pin in the members map so we can include you in meets etc

Link to Adding yourself to the forum Map

To gain full access to the forum you will need to private message Admin your name, address & postcode,(look for the box marked ' private message ' in the top banner ) this discourages spammers and ensures only genuine members are upgraded. Your details will only be used for security & they wont be passed on to anyone.

Please note that your account upgrade could take up to 48 hrs.

ronniecabers

Ps, could you take a moment & let us know how you came to know about the L200 Forum. Just complete the survey & post a comment.

Link to How did you find the L200Forum?
and

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

RE: 5-7-17 Wellcome to 7 New Members

#2 by krutly , Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:25 am

welcome aboard sbs
welcome aboard Emptywallet
welcome aboard Rossi69
welcome aboard Kestle
welcome aboard Shocx
welcome aboard Lil Bastard
and welcome aboard Mulljeff

if any of you are in southwest then give me a shout as I'm your friendly,knowledgeable,slim,good looking,athletic and modest area rep

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by Lil Bas , Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks for the add. I've had my first pick up for a week now. An L200, double cab, standard bed, 3 years old, 20,000 on the clock and just too damn shiny and nice to be taken through the dirt yet. I haven't enjoyed driving a vehicle this much for years. I'm a plumber and had to really work hard to convince myself it's the right vehicle for work. I still know it's not but I'm sure everyone has wanted a pick since back to the future. I first started looking at Hi Lux's (Top Gear) but after reading about it's competition getting a Mitsubishi was a no brainer. I love driving it. Towering over everyone else, turning heads, males looking at it with approval, females looking at it picturing themselves in the passenger seat thinking only men with a pick up are worth going for. I'm guessing that's what they're thinking but it makes sense to me. I bought a second hand armadillo roller shutter and roll bars yesterday. Just trying to figure them out now. Didn't see them being removed and definitely a few pieces short. Going to put new weather sealing strips on first and dry fit it before drilling holes. Any tips gratefully received, especially from anyone who had to drill a second time after realising it's not in the right place. And lastly, I live in Bournemouth now, moved here from Hertfordshire three months ago. I highly recommend it. Great weather, 6 mile beach and topless seems to be all the rage on the beach too. Going to my first party on the beach Friday night,would love to rock up in my truck but salt water and the police kind of put me off it. Definitely keen to meet up with people if anyone's up for it?

Lil Bas  
Lil Bas
Date registered 07.03.2017

#4 by krutly , Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Quote: Lil Bastard wrote in post #3
Thanks for the add. I've had my first pick up for a week now. An L200, double cab, standard bed, 3 years old, 20,000 on the clock and just too damn shiny and nice to be taken through the dirt yet. I haven't enjoyed driving a vehicle this much for years. I'm a plumber and had to really work hard to convince myself it's the right vehicle for work. I still know it's not but I'm sure everyone has wanted a pick since back to the future. I first started looking at Hi Lux's (Top Gear) but after reading about it's competition getting a Mitsubishi was a no brainer. I love driving it. Towering over everyone else, turning heads, males looking at it with approval, females looking at it picturing themselves in the passenger seat thinking only men with a pick up are worth going for. I'm guessing that's what they're thinking but it makes sense to me. I bought a second hand armadillo roller shutter and roll bars yesterday. Just trying to figure them out now. Didn't see them being removed and definitely a few pieces short. Going to put new weather sealing strips on first and dry fit it before drilling holes. Any tips gratefully received, especially from anyone who had to drill a second time after realising it's not in the right place. And lastly, I live in Bournemouth now, moved here from Hertfordshire three months ago. I highly recommend it. Great weather, 6 mile beach and topless seems to be all the rage on the beach too. Going to my first party on the beach Friday night,would love to rock up in my truck but salt water and the police kind of put me off it. Definitely keen to meet up with people if anyone's up for it?

Hello there LB
roller shutter should have 2 silver L shape lengths, 2 black lengths, 1 black slam panel length,1 roller canister,1 canister cover,6 bracket clamps, 1 weather seal, 2 L shape brackets for the corners
roll bar should have 2 side pieces, 1 center tube, 2 nuts/bolts/washers(for front), 4 threaded pieces with nuts/washers(for rears)
I've got the full fitting instructions from mitsubishi for the roll bar if you need them including the templates so you can mark out the 4 holes you need to drill at the rear of the tub
I have plenty of photos of which bits go where and shall endeavour to upload them for you but you wont be able to see them till you are upgraded and your username turns blue (details of what to do are in the first post)
any problems, give me a shout

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

Last edited 07.05.2017 | Top

#5 by George , Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi and welcome

2000 4/Life Blue/Silver 102000 miles
Fitted Bonnet Struts
New Clutch Fitted
At the moment now got a Saab not no more
And now I have got a Warrior

George  
George
Date registered 10.29.2011

#6 by Gezza , Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi everyone

Raging Bull (Red) Manual 35,000m '57'
K&N
Truckman Top
Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/65/17
Remap - do I, don't I?

Stratford Upon Avon

Gezza
Date registered 01.12.2013

#7 by krutly , Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:26 pm

all photos uploaded in my gallery now @Lil Bastard just got to upload the pdf files somehow of the instructions

link to photos is here ---------> g787p8341-photo.html

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

Last edited 07.05.2017 | Top

#8 by Lil Bas , Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:36 pm

Thank you so much. That's so good of you. The seller sent me five pictures asking if these were all the pieces I was missing. Looks like all of them. I'll follow your instructions re upgrading and hopefully be fitting it tomorrow. Taken the liner out to give it a good clean, going to treat where it's been fixed to the back of the bed as it's been drilled without protecting against corrosion afterwards. Only tiny bit but worth doing before roller goes on. I'm considering giving it a coat of grease maybe as the liner seems to have rubbed away at the paint and I can't see any harm in doing it. I think WD-40 wouldn't last though, I think I've got a pot of silicon grease. Or am I going to make something hassle in the future greasing it up. Thanks again for giving me your knowledge before I fit it. The seller said it's so easy, twenty minutes. Yeah, if you run a breakers yard like he does. He was spot on about getting it put right for me and should receive in the post tomorrow. I'll maybe do some pics as I go and hope they don't bore people to tears. I found the pdf by googling "Armadidillo fitting instructions Mtsubishi L200", it took me to your site which is cool. I get the feeling I'm going to keep wanting to buy my truck presents that we can both enjoy. Looking forward to seeing what adventures will be had and where we'll go.

Lil Bas  
Lil Bas

#9 by woody13 , Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Hello there...

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North West England
2.8 Import,gone but not forgotten...
The Beast,never to be forgotten...
The Big Silver Beastie,soon to be reborn...

The Frankenfender is on its way....

woody13
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.05.2011

#10 by Shocx , Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks for Add, I'm now on my 3rd L200 ,started few years ago with red/silver 03 reg Animal but turn circle and head problems .Didn't put me off as I upgraded to a pram, 06 Animal. which I kept for 6yrs even with the map sensor pipe to engine coking up quite often. Not to much problem with a bit of copper cable to clean it out. But after 150000 miles I part ex for 11reg Barbarian with the longer bed was a must. Just got to replace rear springs as ive done on previous trucks so its not so visible that my tools are in the back.

Shocx

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
19-9-17 Welcome to 16 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor