engine replacement

#1 by Ginger ( Guest ) , Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi, not sure if i'm already a member or not as I have posted before. Just wondering if anybody has had any dealings with these jokers WM engines or ERS as they seem to have changed their name after I threatened to take them to court[help]

Ginger

RE: engine replacement

#2 by 123hotchef , Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Wasn't a 're Con was it

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by Guest , Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:28 pm

It was a 'recon' and I use that term loosely[truck2]

#4 by 4life-extreme , Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Never heard of them, re`cons are an engine to avoid whoever sales them. For the money your better off buying new if your thinking of keeping the truck.

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

#5 by krutly , Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:36 pm

I suspect by the term "jokers" that Ginger may have already been stung with a recon engine that's already gone wrong

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#6 by 4life-extreme , Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Quote: krutly wrote in post #5
I suspect by the term "jokers" that Ginger may have already been stung with a recon engine that's already gone wrong

i dont think your wrong there Kirt

2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO

4life-extreme

#7 by 123hotchef , Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:46 pm

CON is the emphasis pal

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#8 by Guest , Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Too late, already fell for it last September. Told they would use the block from our truck if no damage. Turns out it was cracked. So said they would use another engine with all the usual new parts. Got a phonecall to say it had a diesel knock so ordered injectors...not injectors so must be pump so fitted another. Even though I never had a knock before. My son picked it up for me from Birmingham...we live in Buxton, Derbyshire. Tailgate had a huge dent in it which they tried to say was there when it came in, there were scratches on the front wings and the truck was covered in oil inside and out. Battery was flat...don't know why as it was a new one....so the guy jumped started it from a truck next to it...the battery swelled, went bang and blew main fuse. Put another battery on. Drove it as far as the next street to petrol station and noticed a water leak. He took it back and they tightened the front hose. He drove it home but wasn't happy but wasn't sure because he hadn't driven it before so wasn't sure what it should be like. Took it to his house which is about 20 miles from us and parked it up. He went out 20 mins later to move it onto drive and it wouldn't start.....no lights...nothing. Long story short...I had the battery tested and it was a dud...was ok to start the truck but not to run. New battery and then drove home.....wouldn't go faster than 5mph uphill...was knocking but fine on the flat. Contacted 'The Jokers' and said they would refund for battery...but I questioned the knocking as they had put this down to the pump and the damage to the truck. Said they would put it right but I had to pay again to get it there...do I look stupid. Said I would get it done and send them the bill..said they would get back to me.....didn't hear a dicky bird. I decided to investigate and looked at the manual because I couldn't understand why it was running so poorly and had put it down to timing. Checked the book and thought something was missing when I had the front of the truck off as my other half had seen the diagram and joked that perhaps they had left a belt off....guess what?...they had. The balance shaft belt was missing so I sorted that and the truck ran fine apart from the knock (which we had been led to believe was a diesel knock don't forget). Was in the process of getting it to a diesel engineer to sort when the truck just let go with a clatter. Took the front end off again and the crank can be moved from side to side. Tried to contact 'The Jokers' again and they must have been wise to my number because numerous texts and phonecalls were made and no replies. Finally after 2 months they answered and said it was tough luck...my warranty was up and the guy who did it didn't work there anymore. Told them I would be taking it futher and he said ok and put the phone down...amazing that not long after they had changed names but still same address and phone number. Have sent notice of intention to start court proceedings...no reply to anything so I am now going to small claims court. Not heard anything from them since April.

#9 by Nick , Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:25 pm

This is why we tell people don't waste money on so called Re Con engines.
If yours is a Classic you can get a Brand New engine for £1850 from Milners 4x4.
They comes with warranty, just needs fitting.

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

#10 by Guest , Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:49 pm

With hindsight that is what I should have done, but I work out of the country more than i'm in the uk and need one fitted as well. They seemed legit...10 years experience etc... and good reviews ( must have been the other clowns in the pack). We live and learn eh? Fingers crossed I get somewhere with the claim.

#11 by 4life-extreme , Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Moral of the story is don't just join a club when something goes wrong, as you can seek advice and resolve problems before parting with your hard earned cash. Pick other users brains to keep your truck running with the least amount worry. At least then you can go to your garage knowing what the problems are and probable cause without the techy guys giving you a load of

Sorry to here of your problem

JOBS TO DO

4life-extreme

Last edited 08.24.2017 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Over heating

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor