snap on box with tools :'(

#1 by v8victim , Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 am

I want an l200,really want an l200 and want one fast... Sooo to fund one I'm selling my snap on box and tools
I bought these new in January this year for a little over £2,000 and they hardly get used so instead of them sitting in the corner collecting dust I thought they could go to pay for an l200 (well towards paying)
It's on eBay at the moment and finishs in an hour.. as it is its upto 650 with an hour to go. But I think its worth more then this I'd be happy with £1200 even then the new owner would be getting £800 off the rrp!
Anyhow here is the item number 110928982548
I'm open to offers thanks

v8victim  
v8victim
Date registered 08.08.2012

RE: snap on box with tools :'(

#2 by skotl , Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:52 am

Best of luck. It's had 20 bids with six bidders so it's likely to heat up in the last few minutes.

2006 warrior auto, black&chrome, roll bars, TopUp load cover. K&N, reverse sensors, cruise, BFG AT KO 265/70/17, surfari snorkel. Stainless straight through side exhaust. nderbody armour. Rock-sliders

skotl
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.09.2012

#3 by v8victim , Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:07 am

Blooody hope so think I'd let it go for 1000 just to get the ball rolling for an l200

v8victim  
v8victim

#4 by v8victim , Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:30 am

Since I posted on here its gone from 71 watchers to 78
But watchers don't always meen bidders :'(

v8victim  
v8victim

#5 by skotl , Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:40 am

No reserve...

2006 warrior auto, black&chrome, roll bars, TopUp load cover. K&N, reverse sensors, cruise, BFG AT KO 265/70/17, surfari snorkel. Stainless straight through side exhaust. nderbody armour. Rock-sliders

skotl
Forum Legend

#6 by v8victim , Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:49 am

No I think o f@cked up there .:S

v8victim  
v8victim

#7 by Yoda , Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:54 am

You can end the auction and re list with a reserve. Or buy it now open to offers. That one always generates a lot of interest. Or take your chances and hope it sells well.

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

#8 by v8victim , Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:02 am

Oh bugger its finished now on £690 that's a big loss on my half :'(
Just hope for that money the guys not a Messer!

v8victim  
v8victim

#9 by v8victim , Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:13 pm

What a Dick he sent me an address for delivery bit I stated it was collection only.. so he's spat his dummy out now.. which I'm kind of relieved with
I have been offered 750 by someone who will collect tomorrow. What do y'all reckon?

v8victim  
v8victim

#10 by skotl , Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:16 pm

To be perfectly frank, the posting / advert could be quite a bit better. I think that, if you wait a week then re-post it from your computer and take a bit more time with the ad, you should get more for it.

skotl
Forum Legend

#11 by stormforce , Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Quote: v8victim wrote in post #9
What a Dick he sent me an address for delivery bit I stated it was collection only.. so he's spat his dummy out now.. which I'm kind of relieved with
I have been offered 750 by someone who will collect tomorrow. What do y'all reckon?

Haggle with the guy to see if you can get the price up more

2011 Blue L200 Warrior.17" alloys 2.5 Di D 178 bhp
Richard
Trainee Mod

http://holmesheritageturkeys.weebly.com/

stormforce
Date registered 10.17.2011

#12 by v8victim , Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:30 pm

It's one of those situations that if I hold out I could miss out on an l200 iv got my eye on... But then again a better one could come up.... :S

v8victim  
v8victim

#13 by fatboy , Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:35 pm

Free listing's this weekend on Ebay as Skotl said redo the advert and relist due to a time waster but start with a higher base price or add a reserve

Big Truck
53 plate Animal
Mountain top with 3" roll bar
8" spots on bar
Front over rider with more spots
Decatted
Egr removed
Osram nightbreakers fitted
1 Dead engine
It's Aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

fatboy
Date registered 11.20.2011

#14 by skotl , Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Some quick tips, if you're going to relist it. I hope you realise that these suggestions are meant to be constructive - I'm not having a pop at you

Take some more pictures, and try to show as many of the tools as possible
Also try to get some pics of the entire box, to show how good its condition is
Time the listing so that it ends on a Saturday or Sunday evening, which increases the number of people who will be browsing as the ad comes to an end.
Try to stick to the facts and leave out the "every other f@cker out there" bits
The added info bits don't come across well, either. Just respond to each individual question, rather than post your frustration in the ad
Detail every last one of the tools. Every spanner, driver, allen key, etc. That helps bulk up the ad and makes people realise they're getting a lot for their money
Set a reserve (this doesn't get displayed). If you genuinely want £1,000 then set that as the reserve - you can always strike a bargain with the closest bidder if the reserve is not met.
Only set a buy-it-now price if you genuinely know what you're aiming for. If that's £1,300 say, then set the buy-it-now at £1,300. If you don't have a figure in mind, don't set one.

Seriously investigate delivery options. Specifying Collection-Only **vastly** limits your audience. Look at pallet delivery companies online, put in the weight, then put that in the ad.
It will probably come out at somewhere between £60 and £100 so, once you know this, state the postage cost "or collection from xxxxx at £0.00"

All of the above may take you a day or so to get sorted (especially the postage charges) but don't worry about not having the ad on for 7 or 10 days; most ads only hot up in the last 24 hours. Just try to have the auction end at around ~8pm on a Saturday or Sunday night.

Good luck!

skotl
Forum Legend

Last edited 08.12.2012 | Top

#15 by v8victim , Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Ok thanks for your advice ill have a look into the postage.
I didn't take it the wrong way bud just got a screaming 4 year old kicking off as the dogs ate his new Ben 10 toy so bee..a bit pre occupied :S
Living the dream.

v8victim  
v8victim

#16 by skotl , Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:26 pm

skotl
Forum Legend

#17 by krutly , Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Quote: skotl wrote in post #14
Some quick tips, if you're going to relist it. I hope you realise that these suggestions are meant to be constructive - I'm not having a pop at you

Take some more pictures, and try to show as many of the tools as possible
Also try to get some pics of the entire box, to show how good its condition is
Time the listing so that it ends on a Saturday or Sunday evening, which increases the number of people who will be browsing as the ad comes to an end.
Try to stick to the facts and leave out the "every other f@cker out there" bits
The added info bits don't come across well, either. Just respond to each individual question, rather than post your frustration in the ad
Detail every last one of the tools. Every spanner, driver, allen key, etc. That helps bulk up the ad and makes people realise they're getting a lot for their money
Set a reserve (this doesn't get displayed). If you genuinely want £1,000 then set that as the reserve - you can always strike a bargain with the closest bidder if the reserve is not met.
Only set a buy-it-now price if you genuinely know what you're aiming for. If that's £1,300 say, then set the buy-it-now at £1,300. If you don't have a figure in mind, don't set one.

Seriously investigate delivery options. Specifying Collection-Only **vastly** limits your audience. Look at pallet delivery companies online, put in the weight, then put that in the ad.
It will probably come out at somewhere between £60 and £100 so, once you know this, state the postage cost "or collection from xxxxx at £0.00"

All of the above may take you a day or so to get sorted (especially the postage charges) but don't worry about not having the ad on for 7 or 10 days; most ads only hot up in the last 24 hours. Just try to have the auction end at around ~8pm on a Saturday or Sunday night.

Good luck!

thats some cracking advice there bud, some of my best bargains have come from collection only/very few details/poor pictures/no pictures/badly spelt/badly worded/wrong category type of ads. Some of the things I've bought must have brought tears to the eyes of the sellers who were hoping for a lot more. I have found (when selling on ebay) is when you get something wrong then you remember it for next time

good luck selling your stuff mate, and the right truck will come along at just the right time I'm sure

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#18 by ColinTheCop , Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Quote: v8victim wrote in post #9

Seems you might have had a result with that.... you can sell it for more now.

Just make sure he doesn't leave you shit feedback when it was his fault for not reading the advert.

05 Warrior

ColinTheCop
Date registered 11.20.2011

#19 by v8victim , Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Aahhhhh its eBay just set up another account buy loads of watch batteries for 2p each and your away again ha ha although iv had this account since the beginning of time would be a shame to lose it :S

v8victim  
v8victim

#20 by Stick , Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Ask a snap-on van if they would buy the toolbox and gear off you,

I carry an OCD warning......and Tourettes

GOBSHITE!

Stick
Date registered 11.02.2011

#21 by v8victim , Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Hmmmmm just been offered a v reg BMW 528 in silver, heated leather, sat nav freebies all singing all.dancing.... But its petrol and its not an l200 :'(
I still took it for a test drive it handled beautifully around a roundabput.... SIDEWAYS :P

v8victim  
v8victim

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Classic front nudge bar

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor