Display screen upgrade.

#1 by Treak , Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:36 pm

Have done a search and doesn't seem to help completely. Have a 2013 warrior with bottom radio and upper info screen which displays rubbish about mpg, altitude and barometer etc, not that much use. Was thinking of sticking in the newer ones with sat nav etc. have found one on eBay from China but says it is for a 2012 model. Any ideas please. Many thanks for suggestions.

Treak  
Treak
Date registered 08.31.2017

RE: Display screen upgrade.

#2 by krutly , Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:43 am

Don't think there is a difference between 2013 and 2012 as I'm sure the looms are the same
why not post a link to the one on ebay that you've seen or the item number

here's some photos that may help you ----------> How to :- Remove top dash and fit an info screen on a new shape

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by Treak , Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:58 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Fantastic many thanks Krutley, was going to ask for instructions on how to split down. So which did you upgrade to, as the one you are taking out is posher than mine. The previous owner has installed a dab radio, which looks as it may be a bit of a swine to get out. As I'm sure you know, driving around many parts of Devon and Cornwall, the dab looses signal so much of the time I end up stitching back to FM. I did had a new BM, which did the same, so I don't think its the Radio.
Was thinking of:
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camera-Map-An...5.c100005.m1851

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Treak  
Treak
Date registered 08.31.2017

#4 by krutly , Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:30 pm

yep, DAB is pants in the west country, it's FM all the way for me (except at home where I get a good DAB signal for some reason)

the top screen was already fitted in mine when I got it and plays CDs,DVDs,TV,MP3s,SAT NAV and all that kind of stuff

that link you put looks nice but ........ if it were me, I'd be reluctant to part with that kind of money for something from China that, if you have issues, could be a right pain to send back or get support for. That's just my opinion though
a couple of people have fitted Ipads instead of the upper screen, think it may have been @jimmythesaint or possibly @FoxyChris ?
I think mine is a Kenwood DNX7200

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#5 by FoxyChris , Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:55 pm

I changed my top screen for a nexus 7 tablet. It has sat nav and I stream music from Spotify. However, it’s not an easy install. If you disconnect the wires from the info screen you lose sound. The screen must act like some kind of pass through or amp. It means if you want to replace the single din Radio for a double one I’m not sure it’s a simple as buying a connection loom.

2008 Mitsubishi L200 Diamond. Auto, sat nav, sun roof, heated seats,full leather, sjs hardtop, k&n filter and Ralliart Chip. 16x7 black modulars with 265/75/16 Cooper AT3. DAB radio and reverse camera!

EGR PREVENT MODULES - www.Mitsi-EGR.co.uk

FoxyChris
Date registered 12.07.2013

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Prop centre bearing

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor