timing begs questions

#1 by treeboa , Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:55 pm

[img][/img]

click to make bigger

had a shufti at the timing of my old pump, i was getting just over 1mm lift at 5 degrees atdc, slightly advanced

rotated the pump away from the engine to get 1mm at what i hope is 9 degrees and correct

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa
Date registered 10.02.2011

RE: timing begs questions

#2 by treeboa , Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:27 pm

if anyone wants the basic tool i used to check the timing on this pay postage and i will send it to you, it will not include the dial gauge, just the screw in part and the plunger, my dti gauges are batty ones and also they are in thou`s not metric, expensive and not for lending soz ( i had to convert the readings) ebay is full of cheap dti gauges that will do the job if used with this adaptor

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

treeboa

#3 by Yoda , Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:37 pm

I wish I knew what you were talking about! I might have it from you. I wondered what that plastic lug timing mark was for. I just used the timing marks in on the sprockets as indicated by the manual.

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

#4 by treeboa , Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:48 pm

middle of the pump between the injector pipes is a bolt, you remove it, screw in the adaptor, fit the plunger down the middle, set in a dti, then turn the motor by hand, find a position were the gauge sits without climbing, set the gauge ring to zero, turn the engine again and at a timing mark thats on the front of the cambelt case there are timing marks, at a set mark ( mines 9 degrees) the dti should lift 1mm, if it dont you loosen the pump and rotate it, lightly lock it back, recheck and adjust if needed, then once happy lock the pump back up, remove adaptor, refit bolt checking the copper washer is still in place, bobs your uncle done

treeboa

#5 by Yoda , Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Ah right so is this how you "advance your timing"?

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

#6 by treeboa , Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Within limits yes. Bit like twisting the distribuor on a petrol car

treeboa

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Spotlights without bull bar.

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor