For sale (proceeds to forum); computer motherboard, Core 2 Duo CPU and 4GB RAM

#1 by skotl , Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:16 am

I made a mistake. My perfectly working PC failed and I thought I had ruled out the power supply.

I bought a new motherboard, CPU and RAM and... it didn't work. That's when I bought a new power supply.

So, the good news is that I have a new computer but the bad news is that I splurged on new kit when the old kit worked perfectly well.

What we have for sale is;
1) an Intel E6750 Core 2 Duo two-core CPU
2) a Gigabyte P35 motherboard (with Alaska CPU cooler)
3) 4GB RAM fitted
4) My tiny brainpower to help you get it built and working

All you need is a case, power supply and a hard disk or two.
If you already have a case with a power supply (presumably from an old PC) and have a Windows or Linux DVD to get up and running then, between us, we can get you a pretty decent PC running.

I reckon the bundle is worth around £75-£100 on ebay so I'm just asking for offers and will put the winning funds, excluding postage, into the forum funds.

One caveat is that if you have a worthy cause, then you can have it for nowt and I'll stand the postage.

I will, of course, do all I can to help you get the computer up and running.

to avoid any unseemly auctions on the forum please PM me with your bid and/or worthy cause. When it's obvious that there is no better bid coming (based on my totally arbitrary reasoning!) then I'll close the mock-auction and let you all know the outcome.

No matter which way it ends up, this is for a worthy cause - so happy to hear from you!
Cheers
Scott

2006 warrior auto, black&chrome, roll bars, TopUp load cover. K&N, reverse sensors, cruise, BFG AT KO 265/70/17, surfari snorkel. Stainless straight through side exhaust. nderbody armour. Rock-sliders

skotl
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.09.2012

RE: For sale (proceeds to forum); computer motherboard, Core 2 Duo CPU and 4GB RAM

#2 by skotl , Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:19 am

Forgot. I'll throw in a PCI video card which is enough to run Windows or Linux but, if you want to run any serious games, the you will need to budget for a separate graphics card.
But, with your case, power supply, hard disk and DVD drive, plus my motherboard, CPU, RAM and PCI video card, you have a machine that can run Windows 7, etc.

Please feel free to post any questions re spec

2006 warrior auto, black&chrome, roll bars, TopUp load cover. K&N, reverse sensors, cruise, BFG AT KO 265/70/17, surfari snorkel. Stainless straight through side exhaust. nderbody armour. Rock-sliders

skotl
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.09.2012

Last edited 09.15.2012 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
ground anchor sold

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor