#1 by ronniecabers , Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:32 am

A very warm welcome to the forum to the following new members:

@mattdowle
@socanatix
@TT
@T.M.S
@gj2017
@SaltyHolty

Tell us a bit about yourself, what model you drive, where you're from etc.

You can also upgrade your profile & stick a pin in the members map so we can include you in meets etc

Link to Adding yourself to the forum Map
To gain full access to the forum you will need to private message Admin your name, address & postcode,(look for the box marked ' private message ' in the top banner ) this discourages spammers and ensures only genuine members are upgraded. Your details will only be used for security & they wont be passed on to anyone.

Please note that your account upgrade could take up to 48 hrs.

ronniecabers

Ps, could you take a moment & let us know how you came to know about the L200 Forum. Just complete the survey & post a comment.

Link to How did you find the L200Forum?
and

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

RE: 22-12-17 Welcome to 6 New Members

#2 by mattdowle , Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:44 am

Morning gents I’m Matt and I’m from Bristol, currently driving a 2006 Trojan with some fancy ass leather seats (probably not suited very well to getting covered in mud and builders dust but hey ho)
Blanked off the EGR new alternator new belts new glow plugs aftermarket stereo, next on the list is ordering some shackles to raise the arse 2 inches and planning on ramping up the torsion bars as much as possible before the stiff ride breaks my back
If anyone knows anywhere decent and wants to meet up with some other donkeys and play in the mud local to Bristol anywhere I’m game

mattdowle  
mattdowle
Date registered 12.18.2017

#3 by krutly , Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:38 am

welcome aboard mattdowle
welcome aboard socanatix
welcome aboard TT
welcome aboard T.M.S
welcome aboard gj2017
and welcome aboard SaltyHolty

if any of you are in southwest then give me a shout as I'm your friendly,knowledgeable,slim,good looking,athletic and modest area rep

Matt, you wont be the first to treat your leather seats to some builders rubble
you'll not even be the first Matt to do it either @Warriorbez

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#4 by gj2017 , Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:57 am

Morning. Greg, from Ely, Cambs. Due to a change in career (chauffeur to carpenter) I've sold my 7 series this week & I'm currently spending every waking hour trying to find a decent L200! I stumbled across this site as I was looking for info regarding mechanical issues, known/common faults, things to look out for etc as I'll hold my hand up and say I only know the very basics regarding car maintenance & my concern is I need this vehicle for work so it needs to last and be reliable but the flipside of that is I want something nice looking! As daft as that sounds.

I'll probably be looking at a model from the 96-06 range. I do like the newer shape but pricewise etc....but then having said that if you guys can advise me on the mechanical side of things maybe I can stretch the budget to a high mileage new shape!

Any info would genuinely be appreciated as I'm currently using the other halfs car to transport tools & timber...making me less than popular in my household...so my priority is to get it sorted before I go back to work in the New Year.

Look forward to getting to know you all.

gj2017  
gj2017
Date registered 12.19.2017

#5 by krutly , Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 am

hello there Greg

if I were looking for another classic my check-list would be
make sure it doesn't overheat (floor it on a long hill and watch temp gauge doesn't go above half way, if it goes above half way walk away)
make sure there are no bubbles in the expansion tank when you turn the engine off (usually head gasket if there are bubbles)
if it's an animal make sure the power chip is still there (passenger foot-well silver box)
check for rust on front cross member and rear mud flap things next to back of cab
check for wobbles in the front pulley (if it wobbles, walk away)
check all the warning lights come on when you turn the ignition on then importantly go back out when it's running
check for excess smoke (mine give a small puff on first start up)
check the 4wd high and low work (on loose or slippery ground not tarmac or you'll break it)
make sure the green 4x4 light goes back out when back into 2wd
check for wear on gear levers and steering wheel are consistent with the mileage
check the DVLA mot checker to see it's history of mileage and mot passes and fails
check the hangers on the rear box as they rust for a pass-time
check for oil leaks in the engine bay, common ones is the half moon seal at the rear of engine
service history would be a bonus but certainly not a deal breaker as even the most meticulously serviced engines can fail
check it has the tool thingy if there are locking wheel nuts
if it's an animal with 18inch alloys, check there plenty of tread as those tyres aint the cheapest
check it's got a spare wheel as many get pinched
and I'd avoid a truck that's had a reconditioned engine as the 'reconditioned engines' are rarely done well and seldom last long

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#6 by SaltyHolty , Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Hello all and thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm Chris and I'm based in West Norfolk (about 30 miles up the road from Greg in Ely) but work all over East Anglia. I have a 2006 Warrior which I use for agricultural agronomy type work. I drive all over muddy fields and crappy farm tracks and am constantly amazed at how proficient it is in the rough stuff.

Thanks again.

SaltyHolty  
SaltyHolty
Date registered 12.20.2017

#7 by George , Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi and welcome

2000 4/Life Blue/Silver 102000 miles
Fitted Bonnet Struts
New Clutch Fitted
At the moment now got a Saab not no more
And now I have got a Warrior

George  
George
Date registered 10.29.2011

#8 by diggermandan , Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi All

Probably the least effective ever AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'93 Strada double cab, broken... 5 years off the road, list of things to repair just about getting shorter!
'94 Strada double cab 'parts truck'... too good to break?

diggermandan
Date registered 01.22.2012

#9 by woody13 , Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:02 am

Hello there...

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North West England
2.8 Import,gone but not forgotten...
The Beast,never to be forgotten...
The Big Silver Beastie,soon to be reborn...

The Frankenfender is on its way....

woody13
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.05.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
20-12-17 Welcome to 4 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor