Turbo gone ?

#1 by ellyseelliott ( Guest ) , Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:15 pm

I have a 2005 k74 l200 , driving along Monday on the motorway doing about 60 a ton of white smoke started chucking out from my exhuast and engine 😩 i turnt the truck off straight away and rolled over to the verge got recovered to home , once home had a look about and oil has gone everywhere possible all over my engine.
Started taking things apart to have a look to see what had happened and there is oil all in my inlet and flooding out my turbo.
I was thinking it’s my turbo that had died so have ordered a new one to check if it’s that before I start taking the engine apart as I’m thinking I’ve blown a piston if not 😒
Has anyone else had this before or knows what the problem could be ?

ellyseelliott

RE: Turbo gone ?

#2 by ronniecabers , Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:17 pm

@AD at his turbo go , he might be able to offer a bit of advice?

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#3 by 123hotchef , Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 pm

sounds like u were lucky then they can run away with themself whe the turbo selas let go.

stick the new turbo on clean the boost hoses and intercooler and se how it goes

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#4 by Alan G , Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:27 pm

yes. Either turbo or piston ring gone. My bet will be turbo though so change that. Clean everything out and test. Make sure you do clean the intercooler by running a hose through it for a while. Mich still be smokey for a while as thete will be oil in the exhaust aswell.

Site Owner
Semper Fi

Owned a classic 2001 4 life with loads of mods. Sadly now dead after 11 uears abuse/ownership.

Alan G
Forum Legend
Date registered 09.30.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
l200 alarm goes off when use fob

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor