Dash lights - Battery and Water in Fuel Filter

#1 by PorkPie , Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:44 pm

I have these two lights come and stay on when i start the car. They stay illuminated whilst driving and do not go out if i rev the engine.
Dealer i bought the motor from told me it meant it needed a new battery - so bought a brand new Bosch battery, got it installed and fully serviced (including new fuel filter), and these lights are still on. All other electrics are working without issue.

Phoned my local mitsu garage, and they told me it could be a faulty alternator, but couldn't run diagnostics for at least a week. So took it to my local garage, he tested the output from the alternator to the battery and it was 13.1. He then plugged a computer in under the steering wheel, and after running for a few minutes, this machine said it was up to 15 i think. He thought it strange but agreed the alternator may be on it's way out.

I'm just looking for confirmation that the problem is definitely the alternator. Anything else i can try first? I've only had the car a few days and it is under warranty so can get it replaced (although funnily enough the dealer has gone all quiet on me, hmmm), but don't want to get it replaced and the lights still be there.

2006 L200 (new shape) Animal Di-D Double Cab 2.5

PorkPie  
PorkPie
Date registered 03.01.2018

Last edited 03.13.2018 | Top

RE: Dash lights - Battery and Water in Fuel Filter

#2 by 123hotchef , Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:01 pm

id say alternator too if it tested at 13.1 with a meter on the battery

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by Mallinman , Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 pm

I’m saying alternator as well. Or poor wire to the alternator or connection.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#4 by PorkPie , Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:06 pm

oo i updated this on another post, but yes, a replacement alternator was fitted, and the wiring also needed fixing. Dash lights now gone!

2006 L200 (new shape) Animal Di-D Double Cab 2.5

PorkPie  
PorkPie
Date registered 03.01.2018

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Diff / transfer case / gearbox oil

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor