just fitted new engine

#1 by robs1980 , Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:09 pm

hi folks help please just fitted new milners engine dont know if jst a bit paranoid but i think its a bit noisy is this normal thers oil water and the timing is correct done tappets too so can anybody put me at ease

robs1980  
robs1980
Date registered 11.11.2012

RE: just fitted new engine

#2 by Alan G , Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Im sure the tappets need to be set when the engine is hot Rob.

Site Owner
Semper Fi

Owned a classic 2001 4 life with loads of mods. Sadly now dead after 11 uears abuse/ownership.

Alan G
Forum Legend
Date registered 09.30.2011

#3 by Yoda , Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:07 am

Tappets, we are reliably informed are 0.15 cold or 0.25 hot. Assuming we are talking about a classic?

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

#4 by treeboa , Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:11 am

diesel knock ????

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa
Date registered 10.02.2011

#5 by robs1980 , Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 am

thanks guys but the tappets are done

robs1980  
robs1980
Date registered 11.11.2012

#6 by treeboa , Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:02 am

what parts of your old engine are on it ??

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

treeboa

#7 by treeboa , Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 am

just thinking, im sure those engines have cast cranks on them, hes a cut and paste from `another forum` from recently

Zitat
hi, i have a 2003 l200, the crank pulley came loose and doubled the size of the key way. i bought a new crank from milners and rebuilt the engine. after easy 2000miles the engine developed a really loud bottom end knock, i stripped it to find the crank had snapped. i contacted milners and they sent the replacement parts out (new crank, bearings ect) under warrenty subject to the old one being sent back for them to inspect. the crank found at fault.
so i have ran this new crank for about 3000 miles now and tonight the engine developed exactly same knocking sound and a heavy vibration through the clutch, surely another one cant of snapped. has anyone else had any experiences with their crankshafts?

treeboa

Last edited 11.28.2012 | Top

#8 by Joda , Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:40 am

Not sure it'll put you at your ease, but I've just had a new crank put in mine and there's a bit of knock when it's under load. Not a huge amount, just enough to make me a bit paranoid. Did your's bed in and settle down or have you ended up having to investigate further?

Joda  
Joda
Date registered 12.19.2012

#9 by jlnroll , Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Will open a new post but I though would fit here too:

Hi to all of you

Sorry for the length..

For those who don't want to read but can help, the essential is:

where to BUY one or two fully reconditioned ENGINE oil pump, timing and fuel pump all on it with 12 months WARRANTY ?

For others..

First time I came to this forum, I was impressed by the friendliness and quick and efficient reply from members including 2 of them particularly helpful, they will recognize themselves ; ))
The trouble I had at the time were temporarily fixed.
Temporarly because today I am in deep trouble
I introduced myself as a car dealer originally, wich is what I am, but not really proud of it this days.

I have sold in the last 10 years more than a hundred L200, classics mainly, most of them prior 2002's model
All of them bought as runner, did oil, filters or timing but nothing more..

Never had any problem with my clients

Today I feel bad for several reasons
- Not doing the best service to my last 3 customers
- Having to turn towards help of unpaid community of private users
- Not a mechanic by trade

I once had an excellent technician in the company, he left and the new one has never demonstrated equivalent skills

Anyway (thank you if are still reading)

we both made the Huge mistake this year by taking the decision to buy broken engine L200 to fix and resell. 2 of them.

2 drive by wire 2003 model !!
None of them are running today

Bought the parts from KS in London and Milner

Crankshaft bearing head, oil pump etc…
Change the oil after 1000k etc..

Cars ran fine for about 3 to 4 000 km before knocking

Rebuilt one of them: same after 2000 k

Bad mechanics ? bad new parts ? bad driver ? bad block ? bad luck ??

Sure of nothing but today I come towards you for the following:

I want to buy One second hand engine (one I can hear running)

AND

BUY one or two fully reconditioned ENGINE oil pump, timing and fuel pump all on it with 12 months WARRANTY !

They are a few posts about trouble with milner parts (I have been their customer for more than 10 years - never for interior engine' part though.)

Lots of worries with drive by wire.

I can't leave my customers in this trouble and need to pay for it.
In France I can't find anything below 3000 GBP for reconditonned 4D56 engine

I found on UK bay the following

Has anyone heard of those company or any experience with the following 4 buisness or suggestion for other??

below is My demand
and

4 Replies:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply 1 from engineering.services
Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180723852425?_...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have two engines to be done
About the main block :
- Perfectly confident with one of two
- No certainty about the state of the second
.How much should there be extra in case of a bad block ?
Regarding the crankshaft and the cylinder head :

1 / Total price if rectifiable ? £1150  if the old unit is serviceable 
2 / Total price if unusable?  £2450 if not serviceable 
About delivery :
1 / I deliver to you the engine alone in your premises UK
2 /I deliver the complete car ( all screws around gearbox , and various pipe ALREADY disassembled )   our labour costs are £450 to remove and refit the new engine to your car
In case I provided you the engine alone, would it be wise to give you intercooler, radiator  water and  oil even though they appear in good condition ?  Not necessary 
Regarding the warranty:  12 months is fine with me if we are doing ongoing business and you are giving me 2 engines to do 
Thank you to join written terms and possibility of 12 months instead of 6
Last but not least Price for TURBO remanufactured or new and injection pump  No to the diesel pump but the turbo is £450 reman unit 

reply 2 from :

Automotive Engine Repairs
Unit 229 Gascoigne Rd
Barking
Essex IG11 7LN :
Engine to re-manufacture original is £1100 per unit
and to supply a re-manufactured engine is £1250
reply 3 from :
JapMotorsLtd,
Unit 3, Pennypot Industrial Estate,
Hythe,
Kent CT21 6PE

Refurb Long bare Engine which includes Head and Block fully reconditioned:-
 Head Pressure Tested and Skimmed if required if head cracked replaced.
 Full gasket Set/ Crank polished or ground to size, new mains and big ends injectors.  All working parts checked and cleaned.  This Engine does not come with Turbo or fuel pump, the customer would have to replace from old unit.  We supply  gaskets.
£1800 plus Vat  if TVA number given no VAT
 Fully Refurb Engine  as above with used turbo and pump.
 £2200 plus Vat if TVA number given no VAT.
 All engines are sold on an exchange basis a surcharge of £300 is added to the invoice and reimbursed on return of old unit.  If the old unit has a hole in the block the surcharge will not be reimbursed.  If the customers sends his own unit for rebuild this will not apply.
 If the car is delivered to our premises, the cost to remove and install reconditioned engine would be £600.  This includes all filters, oils and fluids.  VAT/ TVA applies as above.  If you require a 12 month warranty we would need proof of an oil change every 7000 miles.  This would not include engine ancillaries.
 Price for  New Turbo  no exchange £900 plus VAT
Recondition Turbo with 12 month warranty exchange £523 plus VAT.

Reply 4 from :
searchparts (427 )
EUROJAP
UNIT 7
STRETFORD MOTORWAY ESTATE
CALEDONIA WAY
MANCHESTER
M32 0ZH

1. £1250 for engine
2. £1400 for bad block

1 / Total price if rectifiable ?
Inclusive of £1250

2 / Total price if unusable?
Same price - no extra charge

About delivery :

OK

2 /I deliver the complete car ( all screws around gearbox , and various pipe ALREADY disassembled ) 
Extra £400

In case I provided you the engine alone, would it be wise to give you intercooler, radiator  water and  oil even though they appear in good condition ?
No Need / can add to engine, if you send first.

Regarding the warranty:

Can offer 12 Months warranty / 12,000 Miles, for same price, parts ONLY.

Last but not least Price for TURBO remanufactured or new and injection pump

£450 for Reconditioned turbo and need numbers off the pump to price NEW / Remanufactured PUMP.

If you made it to here, I won't hear from you before next year, by the time you have read it all ; ))

Regards

The following contents have been linked to this post::

jlnroll
Date registered 04.11.2013

#10 by mike edwards , Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:06 am

Quote: robs1980 wrote in post #1
hi folks help please just fitted new milners engine dont know if jst a bit paranoid but i think its a bit noisy is this normal thers oil water and the timing is correct done tappets too so can anybody put me at ease

when you say noisy how do u mean i.e. is it a knock or a rattle

if its a rattle if you take the dipstick out whilst engine is running can u hear it louder down the tube or if you take the oil filler cap off again whilst running is it louder then
the reason I ask is it would determine wether it is top end or bottom end

mike edwards  
mike edwards
Date registered 03.17.2014

#11 by Greigboy , Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:43 am

Quote: mike edwards wrote in post #10
Quote: robs1980 wrote in post #1

when you say noisy how do u mean i.e. is it a knock or a rattle

if its a rattle if you take the dipstick out whilst engine is running can u hear it louder down the tube or if you take the oil filler cap off again whilst running is it louder then
the reason I ask is it would determine wether it is top end or bottom end

Mike, your replying to a post that's a year and a half old

Jinroll, i have bought loads from Milner and I haven't had any issues, I think it's likely that you mechanic was the problem, if your concerned about your customers and your own reputation then don't mess about trying to cobble old engines together and buy two new long engines from Milners.
http://www.milneroffroad.com/mitsubishi-...long-4d56-kit-0
It will be the quickest option and possibly cheaper in the long run and as it's brand new genuine Mitsubishi, (well made under license by Hyundai) and not reconditioned it removes the possibility of poor workmanship from "reconditioning" which is a minefield.

Former owner of a 2003 L200 WARRIOR IN SILVER and a 2001 L200 ANIMAL IN RED/SILVER

Greigboy

Last edited 03.29.2014 | Top

#12 by stormforce , Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:04 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Google The Engine Company in Stockport.Stevo there is a great guy and really knows his stuff.Tell him stormforce from hilux surf put you onto him

Quote: jlnroll wrote in post #9
Will open a new post but I though would fit here too:

Hi to all of you

Sorry for the length..

For those who don't want to read but can help, the essential is:

where to BUY one or two fully reconditioned ENGINE oil pump, timing and fuel pump all on it with 12 months WARRANTY ?

For others..

First time I came to this forum, I was impressed by the friendliness and quick and efficient reply from members including 2 of them particularly helpful, they will recognize themselves ; ))
The trouble I had at the time were temporarily fixed.
Temporarly because today I am in deep trouble
I introduced myself as a car dealer originally, wich is what I am, but not really proud of it this days.

I have sold in the last 10 years more than a hundred L200, classics mainly, most of them prior 2002's model
All of them bought as runner, did oil, filters or timing but nothing more..

Never had any problem with my clients

Today I feel bad for several reasons
- Not doing the best service to my last 3 customers
- Having to turn towards help of unpaid community of private users
- Not a mechanic by trade

I once had an excellent technician in the company, he left and the new one has never demonstrated equivalent skills

Anyway (thank you if are still reading)

we both made the Huge mistake this year by taking the decision to buy broken engine L200 to fix and resell. 2 of them.

2 drive by wire 2003 model !!
None of them are running today

Bought the parts from KS in London and Milner

Crankshaft bearing head, oil pump etc…
Change the oil after 1000k etc..

Cars ran fine for about 3 to 4 000 km before knocking

Rebuilt one of them: same after 2000 k

Bad mechanics ? bad new parts ? bad driver ? bad block ? bad luck ??

Sure of nothing but today I come towards you for the following:

I want to buy One second hand engine (one I can hear running)

AND

BUY one or two fully reconditioned ENGINE oil pump, timing and fuel pump all on it with 12 months WARRANTY !

They are a few posts about trouble with milner parts (I have been their customer for more than 10 years - never for interior engine' part though.)

Lots of worries with drive by wire.

I can't leave my customers in this trouble and need to pay for it.
In France I can't find anything below 3000 GBP for reconditonned 4D56 engine

I found on UK bay the following

Has anyone heard of those company or any experience with the following 4 buisness or suggestion for other??

below is My demand
and

4 Replies:

Reply 1 from engineering.services
Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180723852425?_...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have two engines to be done
About the main block :
- Perfectly confident with one of two
- No certainty about the state of the second
.How much should there be extra in case of a bad block ?

1 / Total price if rectifiable ? £1150  if the old unit is serviceable 
2 / Total price if unusable?  £2450 if not serviceable 
About delivery :
2 /I deliver the complete car ( all screws around gearbox , and various pipe ALREADY disassembled )   our labour costs are £450 to remove and refit the new engine to your car
In case I provided you the engine alone, would it be wise to give you intercooler, radiator  water and  oil even though they appear in good condition ?  Not necessary 
Regarding the warranty:  12 months is fine with me if we are doing ongoing business and you are giving me 2 engines to do 
Last but not least Price for TURBO remanufactured or new and injection pump  No to the diesel pump but the turbo is £450 reman unit 

reply 2 from :

Automotive Engine Repairs
Unit 229 Gascoigne Rd
Barking
Essex IG11 7LN :
Engine to re-manufacture original is £1100 per unit
and to supply a re-manufactured engine is £1250
reply 3 from :
JapMotorsLtd,
Unit 3, Pennypot Industrial Estate,
Hythe,
Kent CT21 6PE

Refurb Long bare Engine which includes Head and Block fully reconditioned:-
 Head Pressure Tested and Skimmed if required if head cracked replaced.
 Full gasket Set/ Crank polished or ground to size, new mains and big ends injectors.  All working parts checked and cleaned.  This Engine does not come with Turbo or fuel pump, the customer would have to replace from old unit.  We supply  gaskets.
£1800 plus Vat  if TVA number given no VAT
 Fully Refurb Engine  as above with used turbo and pump.
 £2200 plus Vat if TVA number given no VAT.
 All engines are sold on an exchange basis a surcharge of £300 is added to the invoice and reimbursed on return of old unit.  If the old unit has a hole in the block the surcharge will not be reimbursed.  If the customers sends his own unit for rebuild this will not apply.
 If the car is delivered to our premises, the cost to remove and install reconditioned engine would be £600.  This includes all filters, oils and fluids.  VAT/ TVA applies as above.  If you require a 12 month warranty we would need proof of an oil change every 7000 miles.  This would not include engine ancillaries.
 Price for  New Turbo  no exchange £900 plus VAT
Recondition Turbo with 12 month warranty exchange £523 plus VAT.

Reply 4 from :
searchparts (427 )
EUROJAP
UNIT 7
STRETFORD MOTORWAY ESTATE
CALEDONIA WAY
MANCHESTER
M32 0ZH

1. £1250 for engine
2. £1400 for bad block

1 / Total price if rectifiable ?
Inclusive of £1250

2 / Total price if unusable?
Same price - no extra charge

About delivery :

OK

2 /I deliver the complete car ( all screws around gearbox , and various pipe ALREADY disassembled ) 
Extra £400

In case I provided you the engine alone, would it be wise to give you intercooler, radiator  water and  oil even though they appear in good condition ?
No Need / can add to engine, if you send first.

Regarding the warranty:

Can offer 12 Months warranty / 12,000 Miles, for same price, parts ONLY.

Last but not least Price for TURBO remanufactured or new and injection pump

£450 for Reconditioned turbo and need numbers off the pump to price NEW / Remanufactured PUMP.

If you made it to here, I won't hear from you before next year, by the time you have read it all ; ))

Regards

2011 Blue L200 Warrior.17" alloys 2.5 Di D 178 bhp
Richard
Trainee Mod

http://holmesheritageturkeys.weebly.com/

stormforce
Date registered 10.17.2011

#13 by ronniecabers , Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:40 pm

I agree with GB...buy new engines.....don't see the point in trying to faff around with second hand engines...Milners or Ks International for a new one.....

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#14 by jlnroll , Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Thank you all.

I think I will do Milner, My only concern is that the long Engine from Milner does have the head fitted but not the oil pump neither the balance schaft, and the less the mechanic does (appart from fitting the engine back in), the better I will feel.
About KS, unfortunatly they dont do Complete engine, they have one on their site since about a year, but it is a K34 pre 1996 model.. nothing else.

jlnroll
Date registered 04.11.2013

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
steering wheel stereo controls

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor