Toshiba Satellite Laptop

#1 by Lemmy , Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:47 am

Toshiba Satellite Laptop. Cosmetically in most excellent condition with no scratches, dents, cracks or chunks missing as it's spent all its life in a laptop bag. Built in CDROM drive/ DVD player. With new charger and bluetooth dongle.

It's about 6 years old, so not the latest or flashest, but still capable. Once it's woken up, booted itself up and everything is loaded and settled down it works most excellently. Someone with more computer nous than me (which is not a lot),could tidy up the hard drive and speed up the boot time.

The only downside is that the battery is showing its age and doesn't last very long, 30-60 minutes depending on what you're doing. New batteries aren't that expensive at about £15, or you could just use it plugged in like I do.

I've only been using it for SAR work, but the Missus has bought some Crapple Crapboom thing and has bequeathed me her year old laptop, so this little pup is now going spare.

£75, collection from Sarf Northants, close to J15 M1.

Lemmy  
Lemmy
Date registered 02.13.2014

RE: Toshiba Satellite Laptop

#2 by Hound Dog , Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:28 pm

What operating system is it running?

2002 Black over Silver Animal, EGR and cooler removed, Decat pipe fitted, Wind deflector's, Winch Bumper
Snorkel to be fitted.
Twin Head Light Conversion (going up for sale)
ROADS? WHERE WERE GOING WE DON'T NEED ROADS!!

Hound Dog
Date registered 03.01.2014

#3 by Lemmy , Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:34 pm

Vista home premium.

Lemmy  
Lemmy
Date registered 02.13.2014

#4 by Discodaz , Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:43 pm

My wife has one of these..she mainly uses her iPad but there's times when she needs the laptop.her screen keeps flickering really badly.im not sure if it's a new screen needed but..I don't want to spend that money on a new screen.
Decent laptop btw.

Daz

2003 l200 warrior double cab,black, Alpha gtx, canopy, De egr'd, De cat, Reversing camera, Bedrug load liner.mitzi power upgrade,led dash lights.

Founder member of " THE GLEAM TEAM "

Discodaz
Date registered 03.15.2013

#5 by 123hotchef , Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Daz more than likely the screen plug it into an external monitor and check to see if it does it on that

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Rocksliders and Ralliart chip

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor