Classic shape interior upgrades

#1 by Moffgti , Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi, new to L200 ownerships and so far loving it. It’s costing me a fortune like but hey ho....

Now i’d Like to give the interior some upgrades as it’s my daily driver and would like it to be a nice place to be. First start I’d like to upgrade to leather seats. Did they come with leather door cards too? Only sets I can find don’t come with the door cards I could probably cover mine but don’t know how well of a job I’d make of that.

Black carpets - did they ever produce black carpets for the L200?

Other interior upgrades? Factory plug ins? Mine is a 2003 warrior.

Any other model interiors fit? I’d like a close to factory look so don’t want to be messing about chopping and welding different seats in.

Cheers in advance

Moffgti  
Moffgti
Date registered 03.15.2018

RE: Classic shape interior upgrades

#2 by krutly , Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:24 pm

have a look here -----------> How to :- fit new shape seats into a classic @Moffgti
leather door cards were only the little bit round the door lever handle other than that they are all the same
not seen black carpets but a nice set of black mats should cure that

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by Moffgti , Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Cheers krutly for that, it’s a big help. I’m now on the hunt

Moffgti  
Moffgti
Date registered 03.15.2018

#4 by Dogsoldier , Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:53 pm

I too have been thinking about some upgrades for the interior of my 4Life. I'd looked at a couple of sets of leather seats but in all honesty my original cloth seats were in better shape. Actually they're in great shape so for now have gone with seat covers. I was also thinking about painting some of the trim pieces maybe going with a walnut effect.

Other places I'm looking at are the dials. I bought a replacement set from Visual Performance, their Plasma Dials but they arrived faulty so waiting to hear back from them. If I don't get anywhere I may design a set myself and add LET bulbs. Have done this before on other vehicles and they have usually turned out Okay!

I also like the idea of a black carpet. I've used black fabric spray before to dye them so may give that a try once the weather improves. Other than that it's just been a speaker upgrade, also added parking sensors and may add a screen and reversing camera along with a head unit upgrade but again that will be later in the year when the weather has improved!

Dogsoldier
Date registered 03.29.2018

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Torque wrench....what size?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor