MUT Tool

#1 by billymadbiker , Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:10 pm

Right, rare as you like but I may have the chance to get a couple of Genuine MUT Tools.

MUT2 - for all classics etc, stand alone unit, £375 used.

MUT 3 - needs to be connected to a pc/laptop for all the functions to work but pretty much any spec with a usb2 port will be fine - £875, brand new unit.

Will be having a look at them next weekend so let me know before then if anybody is looking for one.

billymadbiker  
billymadbiker
Date registered 03.06.2012

RE: MUT Tool

#2 by treeboa , Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:12 pm

drooooooooool

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa
Date registered 10.02.2011

#3 by mikeinatruck , Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:05 am

Billy did you have a look at these. What was the outcome?

PS where are you?

2011 Warrior (Big Red)
265 70 17 BFGs
EGR delete
Thats about it for now.....

RIP - 2003 Oriental burgundy and silver. (curse you evil Corsa driver)

Range Rover Vogue and a Land Rover 90 V8 Tray Back for fun.

mikeinatruck
Date registered 11.02.2011

#4 by billymadbiker , Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:57 am

Yea, got them both at my place but not done anything more about selling them yet.
I am just by longlete in somerset if you want to come and have a play

billymadbiker  
billymadbiker

#5 by mikeinatruck , Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Oh, bit too far to come, I am in Southern Scotland! Are you going to Donnington?
I might be in a position to buy one shortly I have seen the MUT 2 but I was wondering what else the MUT 3 would need< any chance you could maybe snap a picture and email it to me?

mpcalverley@btinternet.com

2011 Warrior (Big Red)
265 70 17 BFGs
EGR delete

mikeinatruck

#6 by billymadbiker , Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 am

Not going out this weekend..

On a classic you are more limited by what the truck can do than by the mut tools.

The mut2 was a current tool past the end of classic production so it will support all the systems available on the classics.

The only advantages of using a mut3 on a classic are:
1: It's a little bit smaller and lighter which makes it a little easier to use but not much in it.
2:It's a lot faster. The mut2 takes a while to boot up once connected to the truck and runs slower. However, once you actually start doing anything with it the mut3 is slowed down by the k-line interface on the classics so you don't gain anything apart from getting through menus a bit quicker.
A 30min mut2 job on a classic will still take 25mins on a mut3. on the new shapes with can then a mut3 will do the same job in 10mins.
3:The mut3 supports larger memory cards for data recording (although I have never run out of space using a mut2 on a classic but have on some other mitsubishi's) so you can get a longer run out of it. If you had a problem that only happens once a day then it might be a useful function if you wanted to leave it in the truck logging.
You can also connect a laptop to the mut3 and record (unlimited) logging to that.
4: You can connect the mut3 to the laptop and control it through it which is a lot simpler and you can review the data in graph format on a large screen.
5: you can store fault codes etc onto the laptop. If you look after the same trucks on a regular basis it's handy to keep a record of the history on them.
But, off the top of my head, those are the only advantages of the 3 over the 2 on the classic trucks.

The obvious advantage of the mut3 is that it works with the new shape trucks.
The one I have has the interface cables for current and older style trucks, the test breakout lead, remote trigger harness, memory card, usb lead etc.
You don't 'need' anything else to use it (on a classic) but you get a lot more functionality if you have a pc/laptop to connect it to. Ideally you would use a dedicated laptop with a clean install of XP (ProSP3) but I have used it on desktop pc's with other software installed, laptops with other software installed etc. As any laptop with a usb2 socket will run it fine you can pick one up for well under £100. I have also seen guys install it on new laptops and they install a 'dual boot system' or run xp in VMware software or something but although I can give pointers on how to do it I am not that computer savvy so you would have to work that out for yourself.

billymadbiker  
billymadbiker

#7 by billymadbiker , Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 am

billymadbiker  
billymadbiker

Last edited 02.16.2013 | Top

#8 by mikeinatruck , Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Cool cheers. That's the 3 in the picture I guess as the 2 has a bigger display, from what you describe the 2 sounds to be of more use to me, I am going to keep my pick up for a lot longer so have considered getting the diagnostic, I will give you a shout shortly in a couple of weeks I think, hopefully should be in a position to proceed then.
Shame you won't make Donington.

Mike

2011 Warrior (Big Red)
265 70 17 BFGs
EGR delete

mikeinatruck

#9 by jlnroll , Mon May 20, 2013 11:49 am

I guess this one is sold..

jlnroll
Date registered 04.11.2013

#10 by mikeinatruck , Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:33 am

He might still have the mut 3. I bought the 2 so that has gone.

2011 Warrior (Big Red)
265 70 17 BFGs
EGR delete

mikeinatruck

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
l200 truckman load liner,pram shape

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor