Hello from Belgium!

#1 by Peter H , Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:37 am

Hi everyone! A little introduction... I started offroading some 30 years ago with a little Suzuki Samurai. A little later my wife and I bought our first L200 brand new. Mainly as a daily driver, and the Suzuki for off road use.
We had the L200 for about 13 years and never had issues with it.
About 10 years ago we started building a Suzuki based buggy for off road racing and winch challenges. Obviously this vehicle was not road legal, so we need a towing vehicle.
This was our 2nd L200....
It missed a little pulling power in the French mountains and and some storage space for spare parts, so it was replaced by a van (still in use).
At the beginning of this year, I had the opportunity to be a copilot in an other team, with great results (finished 3rd overall in our first race!)
Now in this team as co pilot, we participate the same races as I would, my racecar stayed home, catching rust, so it was sold...
Therefore, yesterday, I bought myself another L200!
Mainly as a daily driver, but also for traveling and greenlaning.
Happy days!!!!

Every great journey starts in first gear and by releasing the clutch....

Peter H
Date registered 05.30.2018

RE: Hello from Belgium!

#2 by animal , Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:50 am

Welcome .
Post some pictures up when you get chance . We all like pictures

Forum Graphics Representative Stickers

06 animal automatic .2" body lift, 3" suspension lift, colour coded chrome parts , black wide arches , de-cat, dump valve , boost gauge, huge deep dish wheels, airbrushing, twin headlight conversion , a-bar, side bars , 7" GPS head unit , dash cam , 150db train horns , carbon pillar covers, Karrman 4x4 diff drop kit , snorkel , 42 led light bar mounted above front screen , wind deflectors ,

animal
Date registered 01.02.2013

#3 by Peter H , Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:34 am

Had some pics in my original post, but the forum didn't accept them...

Peter H

#4 by animal , Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Ah it may be that you need to wait to be upgraded before posting pics .

Forum Graphics Representative Stickers

06 animal automatic .2" body lift, 3" suspension lift, colour coded chrome parts , black wide arches , de-cat, dump valve , boost gauge, huge deep dish wheels, airbrushing, twin headlight conversion , a-bar, side bars , 7" GPS head unit , dash cam , 150db train horns , carbon pillar covers, Karrman 4x4 diff drop kit , snorkel , 42 led light bar mounted above front screen , wind deflectors ,

animal
Date registered 01.02.2013

#5 by AD , Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Welcome Peter,your user name will have to turn blue from green before you can post pics.

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

#6 by Peter H , Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:40 am

My first post with pictures!

Hi everyone! A little introduction... I started offroading some 30 years ago with a little Suzuki Samurai. A little later my wife and I bought our first L200 brand new. Mainly as a daily driver, and the Suzuki for off road use.
We had the L200 for about 13 years and never had issues with it.

About 10 years ago we started building a Suzuki based buggy for off road racing and winch challenges. Obviously this vehicle was not road legal, so we need a towing vehicle.
This was our 2nd L200....

It missed a little pulling power in the French mountains and and some storage space for spare parts, so it was replaced by a van (still in use).

At the beginning of this year, I had the opportunity to be a copilot in an other team, with great results (finished 3rd overall in our first race!)
Now in this team as co pilot, we participate the same races as I would, my racecar stayed home, catching rust, so it was sold...
Therefore, yesterday, I bought myself another L200!
Mainly as a daily driver, but also for traveling and greenlaning.

Happy days!!!!

Peter H

#7 by Nik Rite , Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:33 pm

Not to hijack your thread peter but I'm driving to Belguim, Denmark Sweden this summer in my k75 L200. Is there any funny rules about emmisions and where you can and cant drive? I do like the kit you've built by the way Nik

Nik Rite  
Nik Rite
Date registered 03.26.2018

#8 by Peter H , Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:02 pm

You should avoid the cities of Antwerp and Brussels. They have low emmission zones (LEZ). Your car has to be euro5 if you don't want a fine of 150€....
http://urbanaccessregulations.eu/countri...enu-147/belgium

If you plan to go greenlaning in the Ardennes... DON'T!!!!!! Every unpaved road in the forrest is forbidden for motorized traffic. There doesn't have to be a sign or barrier, you just have to know.... If you get caught, your vehicle will be seized!!!!!

Happy travels!!

Peter H

#9 by Peter H , Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:16 am

Is there a way of identifying which engine i have? The seller wasn't sure it was a 100 hp or a 116 hp. It feels pretty quick driving it....

Peter H

#10 by Peter H , Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 am

Scored some 16" Pajero Sport rims for a bottle of Wodka! Great deal!

Peter H

#11 by Heathen , Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:41 am

Hi Peter - nice deal indeed - did you get him pi**ed on the vodka before the deal took place? If you're talking about the 4 cylinder diesel, then they're all the same engine. Any difference will be down to a power upgrade chip (or possibly some kind of custom remap, but don't think these are common, or even possible) . You can look at the engine ECU behind the panelling in the left of the driver's footwell. If you don't have the upgrade fitted, then the ECU will have 4 yellow plugs attached. If it is fitted, one of the plugs will be white and will lead of to a black and then a silver box, that holds the upgrade wizardry. @krutly has some pictures off this he'll put up if you ask him nicely ;)

'02 K74 single cab.

Heathen
Date registered 05.20.2016

#12 by krutly , Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:15 am

indeed, here's a pic of an ECU without a power upgrade

and here is a pic of the upgrade box with the pink sticker on it

have a look at this too ---------> How to:- wheel refurb

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#13 by Peter H , Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:41 pm

WAW! This is great info! So when I have the upgrade box, I have more HP, but how much?
In Belgium, the K74 model was sold in 100HP, 116HP, 136HP and even 156HP versions. All with the 4D56 engine. I suspect I have the 116HP model, but I want to be sure.

Peter H

#14 by ronniecabers , Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:02 am

In the Uk market the ' chip ' increased it from 114bhp to 134bhp , so guessing any with the 136 bhp over in Belgium are chipped ( purely guessing ) ... the 156 bhp version I've never heard of before , maybe a more powerful chip?

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#15 by Peter H , Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:24 pm

On the passenger side only a small ECU with 1 yellow plug. Probably the old 100HP version?

Peter H

#16 by AD , Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 am

can they handle 156 bhp,wont they fall to bit even faster

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

#17 by Peter H , Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:41 pm

I'll start a new topic on the work in progress..

Peter H

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
18-6-18 Welcome to 6 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor