L200 - is it any good?

#1 by greentractor ( Guest ) , Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi,

I am in the market for an affordable, reliable pickup and I have been stuck with L200 for some time now... my main question is: is it suitable for farm and wood work, can it carry heavy loads and be planted on the road? My work with a pickup would include transporting seed and fertilizer from the farm to the fields, carrying wood and offroad driving in muddy conditions. Despite being a reliable workhorse, I need my pickup to be fairly solid on longer journeys. I am not overly demanding (I currently drive a 16y old SUV), but I want to be able to use my pickup daily. What are your thoughts? Thank you!

greentractor

RE: L200 - is it any good?

#2 by Nick , Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:02 pm

What is your budget? do you prefer a Classic shape L200 before 2006 or the later curved shape 2006>
Will you need to use 4x4 on the road? as well as in the fields?
What goodies do you want? leather seats? alloys? plastic arch extensions?

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

#3 by Guest , Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Sorry, I meant the new L200 (I'd buy a new pickup, not a used one). Compared to other pickups, such as the Hilux or Ranger, the L200 has the lowest price by far. I do not need or want leather seats or any fancy bits and pieces, just AC, a nice radio and electric windows. Exterior wise I need fog lamps (can be fitted later) and a towing hook. Other than that, I think practically all new vehicles satisfy my needs for "luxury." Yes, I need 4x4 on the road, as it is impossible to drive to my home with a FWD/RWD car in winter. Could the new L200 be the right choice for me?

#4 by Nick , Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Quote: A guest wrote in post #3
Sorry, I meant the new L200 (I'd buy a new pickup, not a used one). Compared to other pickups, such as the Hilux or Ranger, the L200 has the lowest price by far. I do not need or want leather seats or any fancy bits and pieces, just AC, a nice radio and electric windows. Exterior wise I need fog lamps (can be fitted later) and a towing hook. Other than that, I think practically all new vehicles satisfy my needs for "luxury." Yes, I need 4x4 on the road, as it is impossible to drive to my home with a FWD/RWD car in winter. Could the new L200 be the right choice for me?

Sorry cannot comment on the new series 5, as i have never owned one.
A few members have got them, they should be able to advise better.

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

Last edited 09.18.2018 | Top

#5 by ronniecabers , Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Pretty sure even the base model of the series 5 has aircon these days, as Nick though , I havent got a series 5 so can only go by the blurb the dealers put out

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Fuel pressure regulator
4wd light flashing

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor