turbo....I just don't get it !!!!

#1 by Nik Rite , Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:37 am

Truck running fine...had a new turbo and oil feed pipe fitted 6k miles ago...no problems......but very occasionally i.e. once per month pulling trailer 2k revs 4 th gear etc over boost come- on....so its not a million miles out. Going thro the forum comes up with two contradicting infos. On the forum is posted a Mitsubishi tech article that clearly states its the bottom screw that needs letting out (unscrewing) if you have overboost. (after checking other things first). This lets the veins move more, which changes the flow of the exhaust onto the turbine and hence reducing the pressure. Yet on the forum people have said its the top screw that needs adjusting. Until I'm happy with my gauge is spot on i don't plan to fiddle with any of it but I like to understand whats going on and why first.Ive enclosed a couple of fotos of my screws (!!!!!) and the lower one has too many threads showing ,as expected. Thoughts and thanks Nik
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Nik Rite  
Nik Rite
Date registered 03.26.2018

RE: turbo....I just don't get it !!!!

#2 by Nik Rite , Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Anyone....any thoughts appreciated? Ta Nik

Nik Rite  
Nik Rite

RE: turbo....I just don't get it !!!!

#3 by Nik Rite , Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Repling to my own question!!!
This is what I understand from the Mitzi bulletin... In neutral with the engine off the VGT lever should rest on the lower bolt....it does on mine. Then when you start the engine the lever should nearly touch the top bolt....mine does this also.. Then when quickly revving the engine in neutral the lever should nearly touch the LOWER stopper bolt....mine doesn't. In fact my lever may go even closer to the top bolt. The boost pressure is then nearly at 22psi unless I feather the throttle. Any suggestions where to look???
Ive included a youtube clip of it happening...ta Nik https://youtu.be/h1vrO3idqWE

Nik Rite  
Nik Rite

Fuel lines
Dont laugh !!!!!!......galvanizing?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor