Der white thingy

#1 by Tek76 , Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:08 am

Onwards and Upwards.
I figured i'd better placehold this for the next while as I turn a 2011 ex silverstone support vehicle into and overlander/support vehicle.
Last weekend, I went and picked up a new 3 door canopy, which is a delight to not have to climb into the back to reach the front of the tub. I also stopped at Devon4x4 for a looksee and came out a bit lighter in the wallet department. Much thank's to the shorts monster for acting as a drop point for some of the gear including the 60kg battery that's going in a modified quad lock box from Allybacks up near Hardtops in the Swindon area.
Easter, 4 days of no idiots so I can get stuck in. Plans are to start setting the pieces together for the 230AH agm battery and Ctek offroad 140A kit to backbone my electrical needs. There's also a nice pair of Bushranger LED front rounds to be fitted, on a bumper mount that I should be able to put the big Sirio whip on too. The headlining is out fora partial fibreglass replacement for the rear, along with the 2 rear cab doors.
Following this, after much hyperventilating I will be leaving my rig somewhere in a farmyard near Ronnie to have a cage rack and rear winch bumper fitted.

NB: Glad I have a HGV ticket on my license as the canopy is solid with no rear view, so living with the side mirrors only, may invest in a motorhome permanent camera at some point.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

RE: Der white thingy

#2 by Tek76 , Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:36 pm

Beauuuutiful day today, so jumped into a pair of shorts, dug out the stripping gear (for paint you pervs!) and went to town on the side steps. Figured I'd do em white with black accenting. That seriously looked bad, so scuffed em, and going all black tomorrow morning. Followed by a trip up to the workshop to do some hammering and bending for my fuse/distro board and cutting the holes in my battery box.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bye bye leaf springs!!

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor