How many crankshaft oil seals? Major leak!!

#1 by Stamyspeedy ( Guest ) , Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:54 pm

[help]
So 5 weeks ago my 04 plate warrior decided to empty it's oil! I cleaned it all off and discovered it was pouring from the end of the crankshaft,
Found a local garage to take car of it, however even after he replaced the end seal we had the same problem!
He took it apart again and has now found an o ring just behind the first seal which looks a bit worn, this is on back order at mitsubishi for the next month or so at least though!
Anyone else had problems with this seal?
Any advice?
Garage has had it for 5 weeks now and cost me over 600 do far and I'm no better off than I was 5 weeks ago 😭

Stamyspeedy

RE: How many crankshaft oil seals? Major leak!!

#2 by Alan G , Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:30 pm

What year of truck. I have had plenty k74 classics stripped and never cound an o ring there. Chances are its the drive sleeve for the oil pump that is worn. Its about £40 from Milner offroad.

Site Owner
Semper Fi

Owned a classic 2001 4 life with loads of mods. Sadly now dead after 11 uears abuse/ownership.

Alan G
Forum Legend
Date registered 09.30.2011

RE: How many crankshaft oil seals? Major leak!!

#3 by speedy ( Guest ) , Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:12 pm

It's a 2004 warrior, behind the oil pump drive gear there is a recess in the shaft with an o ring in it, the oil pump drive then sits up against that. When you say worn is it possible that the oil pump drive gear could look fine (ie no visible cracks etc) but still be worn enough to cause the leak?

speedy

Bolt Help M8x55mm
Fault codes

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor