Milners brake calipers

#1 by Ilkilla , Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Not sure if this is the correct place for this post, but has anyone had issues with the milners calipers. Mine where shot so ordered pads disks and calipers from milners. Everything went together fine until I installed the wheel and went to take it for a drive.

The wheel was locked up solid. After a bit of investigation I found the new caliper was a bit larger in places. Not the main dimensions but there is small rib like pertrusions on the top of the caliper and they where like 4 or 5mm larger than the original ones off the truck.

I managed to make it fit by grinding them down. Now theres only slightly rubbing nothing serious but I cant bring myself to take the wheel of one more time it's far too hot. I'm thinking about getting 16 inch steel wheels soon anyway so this should help.

Just baught an 05 plate classic worrior that needs everything replacing underneath by the looks of things.

Why do I do this to myself.

Ilkilla
Date registered 06.05.2019

RE: Milners brake calipers

#2 by Fielder , Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:10 pm

Some of the earlier K74s came with smaller Calipers, You can fit 15" wheels to most pre-2002 L200s, But after that you have to have 16"s. I suspect you now have the slightly larger calipers.

2005 L200 Animal in silver
Big Wheels,
4.0 Litre V8 Lexus Engine swap.
A lot of custom shit.

Fielder
Date registered 11.09.2013

#3 by 123hotchef , Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:02 pm

and discs

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#4 by Heathen , Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Quote: Fielder wrote in post #2
Some of the earlier K74s came with smaller Calipers, You can fit 15" wheels to most pre-2002 L200s, But after that you have to have 16"s. I suspect you now have the slightly larger calipers.

But Milner do ask you to provide the chassis number so they send you the right part. I've got one of theirs on my truck - single piston calliper though, but fits no problem. What year is your truck @Ilkilla ?

'02 K74 single cab.

Heathen
Date registered 05.20.2016

#5 by Ilkilla , Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:01 pm

Mine is an 05 worrior. I did plan on doing a suspension and body lift and larger wheels all that stuff but the amount of things I've had to repair has kinda eaten into that budget quite significantly and theres still lots that needs doing. Like both upper and lower control arms and shocks. I'm a bit lost now as to what order I should do things without doing everything at once.

Just baught an 05 plate classic worrior that needs everything replacing underneath by the looks of things.

Why do I do this to myself.

Ilkilla
Date registered 06.05.2019

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
removing engine sump

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor