Intercooler

#1 by AD , Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:50 pm

Quite a bit of oil in intercooler is this normal,had top hose off turbo no oil in there.
IAD[[File03F3F5C-E742-4F1E-8B6E-2A93EA5FE1E7.jpeg|none|auto]]

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

RE: Intercooler

#2 by Meeshy , Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:11 pm

The hose in the picture is more likely to have oil but I would check Turbo outlet to the intercooler for the source of the oil. I have a small spiral of oil at the turbo outlet, and will be looking to fix once I sort out ABS. A year ago I ran some Revive through the turbo before the MOT and it cleaned a lot of crap from the intercooler, EGR and manifold. Huge plumes of black smoke from the exhaust for a few minutes which eventually turned white then cleared. Thought i was worth the £50 for peace of mind regarding emissions as at the time I had removed the EGR. Had to put the EGR back for the new MOT unfortunately.

Meeshy  
Meeshy
Date registered 07.17.2019

RE: Intercooler

#3 by Mallinman , Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:19 pm

U will usually get some. Older turbos will pass oil through the seals over time. Excessive amounts (which yours doesnt look like) means it’s on its way out. You could always check the oil pressure to the turbo and check against the manufacturers recommended pressure. Might be too high. Or just do what I do and pretend it’s just black intake lube for the valves.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
rebuilt 2,5 did, what oil is recomended?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor