Airbag light after clutch change

#1 by dragonv480 ( Guest ) , Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi all!

I have a late 2006 Warrior which had a slipping clutch. Was in the garage yesterday having that replaced, and I picked it up this morning. I noticed immediately the airbag light did not clear after switching on (nor could I select 2wdH or low range but that's by the by and they fixed that after the third attempt). Garage couldn't offer any real explanation for the airbag light and explained that there was nothing to do with the airbag under the plastics they needed to remove to get to the sticks/do the clutch etc.

I checked under the seats in case it was a cable that was unplugged or damaged when moving the seats (manual seats), couldn't see anything untoward under the drivers seat, but the passenger side seems to have an extra plug, but nothing obvious about where it might go to. Garage hypothosized it was a spare plug for heated seats in other models (mine doesnt have them), which seems fair enough.

Eventually and reluctantly they put a code reader on it and there are no sensor errors or specific airbag codes. just one code which was along the lines of "ignition 1 voltage extremely low". They then noted that the code had been clleared 4 times before, and basicaly said this is a pre existing fault.

Well the light has never been on in the year and a bit I've owned the car and to my knowledge noone has had a code reader on it during my ownership until today. The only garage to have worked on the car is this one (MOT, replaced radiator thermostat and then the clutch).

My experience level is willing amateur (do things like brake changes, oil and filter changes, shocks and springs etc, but not as advanced as change my own clutch yet) - quite good with electronics and diagnosis with multimeters etc, but I only own a code reader for standard/shared OBDII codes, not vendor specific (i.e. my code reader showed no codes whereas the garage's one did)

What is likely to be the issue, what can I check/do to solve it? Is it really likely it had a fault before that has taken over a year to re-manifest itself coincidentally at the time the garage had the car?

Please help as I'm a bit annoyed that I took it in with no fault lights and now it has one, but everything the garage explained seemed reasonable and I have a good relationship with them. But they are essentialy not wanting to look at it further.

dragonv480

RE: Airbag light after clutch change

#2 by ronniecabers , Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Steering wheel squib possibly and it's just an unhappy coincidence

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

2003 warrior - key out of ignition but engine still running
joining

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor