ABS delete kit

#1 by AD , Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:27 am

Anyone know who does one for K74
TA

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

RE: ABS delete kit

#2 by Meeshy , Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:01 pm

I have had to use a SnapOn Solus Pro. If you are near Midlothian you can come over and use it.

Meeshy  
Meeshy
Date registered 07.17.2019

#3 by AD , Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Quote: Meeshy wrote in post #2
I have had to use a SnapOn Solus Pro. If you are near Midlothian you can come over and use it.

Thanks for the offer but i'm 3+hours away.CHEERS.

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

#4 by GunnerBill , Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:27 pm

I'm just wondering if you inserted a switch into the ABS sensor cable of one of the brakes (switch in cabin of course!) then you could break the circuit of that ABS sensor which would simulate a ABS fault and therefore turn the system off...and then on again as required.

2013 Series 4 Barbarian - Black Edition (Red).

GunnerBill
Date registered 10.09.2019

#5 by Meeshy , Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Not sure what you are trying to achieve by doing this. If it is to fool the MOT tech, don't bother.

Meeshy  
Meeshy
Date registered 07.17.2019

#6 by GunnerBill , Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Quote: Meeshy wrote in post #5
Not sure what you are trying to achieve by doing this. If it is to fool the MOT tech, don't bother.

It's a must for driving in snow/ice. On the slippy stuff ABS means the brakes literally don't work at all. With the ABS off the wheels lock and snow piles up in front of the wheel to slow the vehicle down. if it's just ice, the friction of the stationary wheel is still better than a constantly firing ABS.

GunnerBill

#7 by 123hotchef , Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:28 pm

pull the fuse

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#8 by Tek76 , Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:33 pm

I've never had a problem with snow/ice with fwd,rwd or 4wd. If you're prone to more than average snow/ice (And it's predicted for this rotation that Jan-Mar could be "beastly" again) you may wish to either invest in chains,socks or winter studded tyres. Biggest lesson is just thinking ahead and not rushing into it. ABS at least gives you the chance to recover a slide or spin, whereas a locked wheel will make it more likely to ditch or pinball off a wall.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

#9 by GunnerBill , Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:34 am

GunnerBill

#10 by ronniecabers , Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:45 am

I understand the issues of ABS on snow, increased stopping distances etc....surely the best way round it is to drive to the conditions?

I do wonder if you pulled the fuse or physically disabled the ABS system and were involved in an accident, whether your insurance would pay out, even to the point you may completely invalidate it and thus be , technically, be driving with no insurance

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#11 by Tek76 , Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:31 pm

Quote: ronniecabers wrote in post #10
I understand the issues of ABS on snow, increased stopping distances etc....surely the best way round it is to drive to the conditions?

I do wonder if you pulled the fuse or physically disabled the ABS system and were involved in an accident, whether your insurance would pay out, even to the point you may completely invalidate it and thus be , technically, be driving with no insurance

There was an accident with injury I was peripherally involved with many moons ago where a porsche was the star of the show. It got looked at by the local traffic/standards office who made a distinct reference in the report about the spoiler switch being in automatic as it was in the raised position, for those who aren't aware, the spoiler automatically raises at 55mph - and the maximum local speed is 40mph. It raised his charges from without due care to dangerous/aggrevated and ended up with a Her Majesty's vacation instead of a fine and ban.

Fiddle if you must, but be aware of the consequences.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
4wd select (or not)

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor