Fuel filler cap

#1 by ash_xt , Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:17 pm

hey guys, as subject my fuel filler cap is refusing to 'pop' by itself, pull the lever as far as i can but its not releasing, i'm having to open it by popping the key in the gap and flexing it out.. i've lubed everything up around it but to no avail.

cheers

Ash

2010 Barbarian LB

ash_xt  
ash_xt
Date registered 05.03.2018

RE: Fuel filler cap

#2 by Tek76 , Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:01 pm

It's quite possible your cable (similar to choke/handbrake - ie cable moving in a thick sleeve) is either loose or disconnected. When i give my own a good pull, there's a bump feeling before i get to full extension of the little cab lever, visually, the bump is when i see the panel pop.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

Last edited 08.20.2019 | Top

#3 by ash_xt , Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:10 pm

Quote: Tek76 wrote in post #2
It's quite possible your cable (similar to choke/handbrake - ie cable moving in a thick sleeve) is either loose or disconnected. When i give my own a good pull, there's a bump feeling before i get to full extension of the little cab lever, visually, the bump is when i see the panel pop.

yeah i used to feel the click/bump but that isn't there now.. don't know why i didn't even think of that myself, i'll have a gander at it when i get a sec.

2010 Barbarian LB

ash_xt  
ash_xt

#4 by ash_xt , Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:44 pm

just had a look, cable is in place and there is a 'bump' afterall, looking in the side mirror you can see (with the sun glinting off it helping) that it is releasing as when its pulled the flap is flapping, but it's locking it as soon as you release, should there be a spring of some kind on the hinge to pop it out when its released?? doesn't seem to be anything on mine?

2010 Barbarian LB

ash_xt  
ash_xt

#5 by Tek76 , Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:33 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

You'd be right, I had to look it up myself. If you look closely between the hinge levers you'll see a small black item (MB642442 - It's apparently a unicorn part, fits about every single Mits since the turn of the century!)

Werbung: L200 Pram spring

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Tek76

#6 by ash_xt , Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:25 pm

awesome, thanks. now bought.

took it off last night and cleaned it up properly, the hinge was stiff at the start of the swing, its now a bit smoother and opens again, but will add this as well, as obviously it's missing.

thanks again

2010 Barbarian LB

ash_xt  
ash_xt

#7 by Tek76 , Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:24 pm

No problems, now you won't look like you stole it filling up!

Tek76

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
for sale

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor