Turbo issue

#1 by haigy , Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:04 pm

Was towing my caravan 1600kg twin axle with my 56 plate pram

All of sudden eml light on no turbo. Reader out and p0234 came on. Overboost erase off i go again fine.

Coming home with van on no turbo no eml. Pipe goin from head to the sensor on passanger side blew off at sensor end. So cable tied in place 20 miles later blows hole in same pipe.

Changed for new pipe and was fine until this weekend been away with van and again blown pipe off. Clamped it on again and hole in the side of it.

Ive now fitted another new pipe and blown it off again no eml. Turn it off back on again and turbo is fone until it blows hole in pipe or blows it off engine.

What does that sensor do and what should i be checking only seems to happen when towing

haigy  
haigy
Date registered 03.08.2016

RE: Turbo issue

#2 by Meeshy , Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:57 pm

Sorry I don't have a pram, but I thought the sensors were Vacuum actuated, so if you are blowing them off there is positive pressure in the pipe??

Meeshy  
Meeshy
Date registered 07.17.2019

#3 by Heathen , Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:53 pm

It's measuring the air pressure in the intake manifold, this is generated by the turbo, so if the pipe is in good condition and still getting holes blown in it, then it sounds like the turbo is over-boosting (the fault code kind of gives it away too). Once the pipe has failed the engine management system realises the sensor is not working, so it shuts down the turbo as it can't control it properly. You need to fix the overboost problem, then the sensor pipe should start behaving properly, though technically it should be an air pressure hose, not a vacuum hose (I use a bit of diesel leak off pipe). As it's a pram, I can't help you any more than that I'm afraid.

'02 K74 single cab.

Heathen
Date registered 05.20.2016

#4 by haigy , Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:41 pm

Its is the waste gate actuator rod has seized. Solid as a rock.

Took the turbo off and the gasket split. Where can i get a new 1 from other than ebay

haigy  
haigy
Date registered 03.08.2016

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Winch advice and instructions

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor