modified '06 L200 headlights

#1 by nearlyritired 65 , Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi. Thanks for letting me be a new member, you guys seem to know your stuff. Just bought a '06 L200 with modified front lights. Their the ones with LED side light down the side and across the bottom of each light. Its just failed it's MOT because it doesn't always dip. I've checked it out and noticed that there is only one bulb and thats got one filament. Questions are:- 1/ how do the lights come out. 2/ anybody know how these light go from dip to main. 3/ how can I cure my problem of none dipping.
ALSO
Ive got LED rear lights with bulb indicators/reverse and LED rear/brake. When the indicator is flashing the LED flickers. I have tried earthing but with no luck.

Any suggestion would be gratefully received.
Dave

nearlyritired 65  
nearlyritired 65
Date registered 09.02.2019

RE: modified '06 L200 headlights

#2 by krutly , Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:27 pm

@animal may know, he's had a couple of after market lights in his

I had after market head lights in my classic that had only one bulb with a single filament
the way they worked was the bulb physically moved forwards and backwards to achieve the dip/dim that would normally be achieved by a twin filament bulb

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

RE: modified '06 L200 headlights

#3 by AD , Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:09 pm

Quote: nearlyritired 65 wrote in post #1
Hi. Thanks for letting me be a new member, you guys seem to know your stuff. Just bought a '06 L200 with modified front lights. Their the ones with LED side light down the side and across the bottom of each light. Its just failed it's MOT because it doesn't always dip. I've checked it out and noticed that there is only one bulb and thats got one filament. Questions are:- 1/ how do the lights come out. 2/ anybody know how these light go from dip to main. 3/ how can I cure my problem of none dipping.
ALSO
Ive got LED rear lights with bulb indicators/reverse and LED rear/brake. When the indicator is flashing the LED flickers. I have tried earthing but with no luck.

Any suggestion would be gratefully received.
Dave

you may need a canbus resister to stop the flickering.

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Alarm

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor