Flashing green light?

#1 by Hornstar , Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:57 am

Ok, so a quick question for the Brainiacs, the other day whilst driving up to MK to see Lord Lemmy, I noticed the green 4x4 light was flashing, yet it was not engaged & I swear as I pulled out of a petrol station I have a whirring noise through the car, as if it was in 4x4 or something, I stopped, engaged & disengaged the 4x4 and pulled away. It had gone & the light was out.

Then as I was driving up the M1 at about 60-65mph I happened to see the green light FLICKERING randomly and then would suddenly staeprt flashing on & off.

Then as I came off the slip road at J15, I heard the same sort of noise (only way to describe it was like I was like I had tractor tyres on) (not sure if that description works)

By the Time I had got to Lemmys lovely picturesque village, the light had stopped flashing.

It has not done it it since, any ideas anyone?

Also another quick one, I have a diff lock button on my Warrior, it appears to do nothing? No lights?? Is it standard issue on warriors? How can I tell if I have a diff lock diff?

Thanks in advance for any help.

AMTRAK TRAINHORN EQUIPPED L200
K5 NATHAN AIRCHIMES @152dB & 150psi
SET OF 148dB HORNBLASTER SHOCKERS
SOON TO HAVE CLASS 227 INTER CITY TRAIN HORNS

Hornstar
Date registered 01.10.2015

RE: Flashing green light?

#2 by ronniecabers , Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:02 am

Sounds like the actuator is getting sticky...get underneath and spray it will wd40 or the likes, ..the whining I believe is the actuator trying to engage ( and it can't without physical movement of the Gear leaver in the cab ) ... I had a similiar problem a while back ...would whine on slowing, then clunk as I stopped and 4 x 4light would start flashing ..cleaned and lubed the actuator a couple of times and it stopped doing it ..., you may also have a vacuum leak...

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#3 by ronniecabers , Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:04 am

Oh and diff lock... won't work unless you are in 4 low on the gear levers ...its for when you are really stuck! Most of the latter Classic Animals and Warriors had it,. When in 4 Low , if you press it a red light should illuminate...( but don't drive on a dry , solid surface as you'l bugger the diff up!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#4 by Hornstar , Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:21 am

Quote: ronniecabers wrote in post #3
Oh and diff lock... won't work unless you are in 4 low on the gear levers ...its for when you are really stuck! Most of the latter Classic Animals and Warriors had it,. When in 4 Low , if you press it a red light should illuminate...( but don't drive on a dry , solid surface as you'l bugger the diff up!

Quote: ronniecabers wrote in post #2
Sounds like the actuator is getting sticky...get underneath and spray it will wd40 or the likes, ..the whining I believe is the actuator trying to engage ( and it can't without physical movement of the Gear leaver in the cab ) ... I had a similiar problem a while back ...would whine on slowing, then clunk as I stopped and 4 x 4light would start flashing ..cleaned and lubed the actuator a couple of times and it stopped doing it ..., you may also have a vacuum leak...

Ok thank you, I will get under there today & have a cheeky look............daft stupid question, what am I looking for?????

AMTRAK TRAINHORN EQUIPPED L200
K5 NATHAN AIRCHIMES @152dB & 150psi
SET OF 148dB HORNBLASTER SHOCKERS
SOON TO HAVE CLASS 227 INTER CITY TRAIN HORNS

Hornstar
Date registered 01.10.2015

#5 by ronniecabers , Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:44 am

Get under drivers door, look forward to the gearbox/engine and you will see what looks like a rubber bellows, pull this back and you'll see the shaft/ pin , give all this and where it goes into its housing a good dowsing....

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
codes 41 51 46

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor