Hello From Somerset!!!

#1 by Sydoo , Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:44 pm

Evening,

Account has just been activated so wanted to pop in and say hello. I live in Somerset and have a long history of cars, owned around 45+ since passing my test and they cover all parts. Pickup wise I have only previously owned a D40 Navara Aventura which was great and never gave me any problems. More recently a number of SUV’s have graced the driveway (X5, ML) along with some more performance models (E46 M3, Golf R32, VX220 Turbo etc.) so it really is a plotted history.

Got to a point where having moved out into the countryside which suffers when the weather turns bad be it rain or snow we needed a capable family car. I started to look at another SUV in particular a 2010> Range Rover Sport which I have had a soft spot for for a number of years.

However reliability issues and running costs put me right off and a chance conversation with a friend who recently bought an Amarok got me thinking about a double cab again. This also coincided with my daughter becoming headlong involved in the equestrian world. So I needed something with all weather ability, good carrying capability, some luxuries, not ridiculous running costs and a good reliability record.

Looked at an NP300 Navara but had to pay quite a bit more than I wanted to spend for ideal spec, Amarok was a non starter as most have the BiTDi which has a massive design flaw with EGR valve, wasn’t a fan of the Isuzu offerings so had a look round a few Series 5 L200’s which I was really impressed with. All the reviews and videos available were complimentary about the truck so having had a few test drives I hope to collect my 2015 Warrior tomorrow in Amazon Green. It’s a standard, 1 owner truck with FMSH, Grabbers all round and a hardtop canopy on the back.

Very excited and hope to be a bit more active on here to learn more about the trucks capabilities and modifications etc.

Will post pics when I get it home.

Cheers

Si

Sydoo  
Sydoo
Date registered 09.27.2019

RE: Hello From Somerset!!!

#2 by Tek76 , Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:45 pm

Welcome in,
Re the navarra, most folks aren't a fan of a folding pickup - google it.
It's all about what you want to do with it, and how hard you want to push the boundaries of mods. The only downside to a pickup as opposed to an SUV as you probably already know is to have some weight in the back to keep the rear wheels in control. Apart from that, i prefer the flexibility of not having to worry about messing up the carpet in the back!!

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
25-9-19 Welcome to 3 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor