disco aux belt

#1 by paulw , Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:26 am

Well after a great boxing day morning on a recovery truck. the aux belt shredded! So while sorting that out will do bearing on air con as well. Anybody have the size / code for bearing, also checked the belts on jgs so many! which one is mine? pre facelift reg feb 2002 with ace and air con. Is it worth replacing tensioner as well?
This is all my fault Thought the belt lasted 60+ thou ( thinking of warrior now) but according to manual it recommends 12thou or 12 months? seems a bit excessive? BUT saying that I replaced it 2012 @ 95 thou so 2019 @ 141 thou, prob is all down to me!!!!!

did have warrior, but crossed over to disco 2.
Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bringing more work!
Landies don't leak oil, they just sweat

paulw
Date registered 10.06.2011

RE: disco aux belt

#2 by paulw , Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:33 pm

well quick suss, belt was well in date 90thou replacement according to service sheet, it was the idler pully seized and spread the belt across all 6 pullies, so a good wire brush, new pully and belt and off we go!!

Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bringing more work!

paulw

#3 by paulw , Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:51 pm

just thankful it didn't go in the depths of Devon last week!

paulw

#4 by ronniecabers , Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Seems idler pulley don't seem to last these days.... probably best to treat as a service item along with belt

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#5 by paulw , Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:45 pm

Quote: ronniecabers wrote in post #4
Seems idler pulley don't seem to last these days.... probably best to treat as a service item along with belt

yeh, crazy thing pulley and bracket 70 quid, pulley with fitted bearing 23, no brainer, oh and belt is only 9, so fingers crossed a cheap fix. going to replace tensioner as well while I'm at it.

paulw

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
L200 Classic Clearing ABS Diagnostic codes

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor