New old member... Back in the game ...

#1 by trackdayrider , Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:14 am

Hi all

After selling my 04 plate warrior in 2015 to embark on an epic round the world by bike, I returned in 2016 and picked up an £800 nissan X trail just to get back on the road. That car was so reliable and has hardly cost me anything other than running costs that I kept it until last month.

In the end the crazy road tax it cost and the petrol cost from a 2.0l petrol engine that always seemed to lack any meaningful power made me decide to go back to something I missed badly and always regretted selling my L200.

Not the most economic of decisions but I've been looking around for a while and in this case the heart overruled the head.

I have seen reasonable trucks go for ok ish money , but the majority have now done over 100k miles.

So I ended up with an 05 plate truck at 96k miles. It needs a few jobs to get it right.

So repeating history means doing the egr removal, a decat pipe... Both of which I will keep in case I have to bolt them back in for the MOT.

The noticeable difference those changes made to my old truck was well worth doing.

I need a remote central locking kit.

The steering lock needs sorting as does some play in the steering.

There's a knock from the rear offside somewhere that I only noticed on the drive home.
I think the front wheel bearings need tightening up.

The tyres are worn out mud tyres so need replacing and are consequently pretty noisy on the road. It's got 17" alloys on that have been painted black. So I'm considering a steel wheel and tyres setup that milners and others do.

It currently has a cab on the back which I will swap for bars and a roller shutter

There is some lacquer peel on the air scoop that I want to sort, but that seems to be a fairly common issue these days. Even my old truck has suffered the same when I saw it a few weeks back.

It currently has a led light bar on the front bumper that only works intermittently and the fog lights that have been swapped to cheap replacements don't work.

Bit of a list, but I've done most of it before. So just the small matter of time and money!

Mark - Ride a self built modified speed tripled Triumph Daytona 955.
Ex club racer, ex trackday forum owner
Round the world traveller
Author!
Buy my book here...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283774561090

05 K74 L200 Warrior project
Things to do!

trackdayrider
Date registered 08.20.2012

Last edited 02.19.2020 | Top

RE: New old member... Back in the game ...

#2 by Tek76 , Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Might I suggest hitting @123hotchef up, as his wife would appreciate someone reducing the l200 breeding ground of parts outside his place, and @animal for paints and such.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

RE: New old member... Back in the game ...

#3 by ronniecabers , Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:36 am

Welcome back @trackdayrider

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
17-2-20 Welcome to 5 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor