P0089 not SCV?

#1 by Bikerbruce , Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:01 am

Hi All

I'm new to the L200 and am on here for a friend who has a 56 plate B40 tipper L200.

The issue it has is if left to idle for 20+ seconds the EML comes on and it goes to reduced power. Switch off restart and the EML stays on but drives fine until it idles for 20+ seconds then limp again.

I've had a look at various posts regarding EML coming on at idle and limp mode kicking in. I haven't found any definitive answers and am pretty much stuck.

So far, the truck went to Mitsubishi they said that the inlet manifold was blocked and or it needed an EGR valve, they wanted £400 to remove and clean inlet manifold.

I was called and asked if I could have a look ( I have some mechanical knowledge, mainly with motorcycles). Looked on here found a good “how to” and got cleaning. The manifold wasn't anything like as choked as the pictures on the post showed. I made sure the the vacuum pipe take off was clear using a small drill bit, reassembled and the problem persisted. Then fitted an EGR, the problem persisted.
Got hold of a reader that worked in OBD mode only, the Mitsubishi option wouldn't connect.
This gave the code of P0089 Fuel pressure regulator 1 performance, back to this forum and found it was the SCV, fitted new SCV and fuel filter, deleted code and issue came back.

I'm now stuck, my mate is happy to spend some money on it but clearly he can't use local Mitsubishi because they didn't know what was wrong in the first place and we don't know of any local independent garages that have diagnostic equipment that can read the B40.

So if anyone has any ideas on how to sort this we would be grateful for some input, alternatively any suggestions for a decent garage in the Ascot area.

Thanks.

Bikerbruce  
Bikerbruce
Date registered 02.26.2020

RE: P0089 not SCV?

#2 by krutly , Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:41 pm

Change the fuel filter

even if it's only recently been changed, change it again anyway as this can solve all sorts of issues
also worth bunging some injector cleaner through for good measure

if it's an auto gearbox check for chafing on the gearbox loom where it's clipped to the chassis

if it has a power chip fitted try unplugging it , should be either up near the battery somewhere or behind the kick panel down by the glovebox
a faulty power upgrade chip can cause issues like this

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by Bikerbruce , Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Thanks.
New mitsubishi fuel filter and injector cleaner will be fitted ASAP.

A power chip?
No idea what that means. I did notice a small yellow box with wiring connectors on it, mounted on the kick panel under the glove box, could that be it?

Bikerbruce  
Bikerbruce

#4 by krutly , Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:03 pm

yeah, if it's an add on box you should be able to unplug it and stick the plugs back into the original sockets

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#5 by Bikerbruce , Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Hi
Had another look and the yellow box is an electronics box for the trailer lighting not a power chip. Also found out previous owners from new were an estate management company so highly unlikely to have a power chip fitted.

Changed fuel filter and added injector cleaner, no difference with new filter, just wait and see if cleaner has any effect - I don't hold much hope.

Could anyone suggest a garage, preferably local to Ascot, but keen to get it sorted so will travel if necessary.

Thanks

Bikerbruce  
Bikerbruce

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
hi, need a key and tumbler for 07 pram

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor