batt earth lead on disco 2

#1 by paulw , Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:12 pm

old one is frayed and I have already 'botched' the connection end, I have bought a proper replacement, removed the batt box to get to engine block end, but where the 'f' is it? groping around can't get to the other end! is there an easy way to get it off. I see a small panel held by three small screws. would that help access if I took it off?
just read it is bolted to lower bracket of alternator? still looks a hassle!

did have warrior, but crossed over to disco 2.
Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bringing more work!
Landies don't leak oil, they just sweat

paulw
Date registered 10.06.2011

RE: batt earth lead on disco 2

#2 by 123hotchef , Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:06 pm

makes sense it would be bolted to the alternator

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by Tek76 , Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:25 pm

This any help?
Also, Makes me cringe a bit that the disco's main earth is a single lead using the engine and mounts/gearbox to make the circuit. Personally, while the original is sufficient for chelsea drivers, I would add a bolt on extension from the engine earth via strap or welding cable to the chassis/body.|addpics|m0c-4-de78.jpg|/addpics|

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

Last edited 06.03.2020 | Top

#4 by paulw , Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:50 pm

just found it tek! the original is buried way back and a pig to access. Reckon I will reroute to the front bracket. much easier!

Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bringing more work!

paulw

#5 by Tek76 , Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:12 pm

Quote: paulw wrote in post #4
just found it tek! the original is buried way back and a pig to access. Reckon I will reroute to the front bracket. much easier!

I think it's the d3 or d4, there are 2 sets of belts for the major workings on the engine, some genius designer made it so the easiest way to change the rear belts is *drum roll* lift the body, and disconnect e v e r y single connector off the chassis and change them. Consider yourself lucky on that one!

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

#6 by paulw , Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:26 pm

Quote: Tek76 wrote in post #5
Quote: paulw wrote in post #4

I think it's the d3 or d4, there are 2 sets of belts for the major workings on the engine, some genius designer made it so the easiest way to change the rear belts is *drum roll* lift the body, and disconnect e v e r y single connector off the chassis and change them. Consider yourself lucky on that one!

yeh, have to admit, part stripped just to get to the lead!! how mad is that?

paulw

#7 by paulw , Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:00 pm

happy days the disco lives!! running good except the crank pulley yet to be done.

paulw

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
ecu remapping

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor