Front wheel arch departed at speed

#1 by Carroll493d , Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:24 am

So yesterday, at about 70 on the motorway my front passenger wheel flare/arch decided to part company. I've attached a gif for your amusement, although I doubt the white car found it amusing.
Anyway I've been trying to find a decent replacement. For the sake of colour matching I'd rather just get 4 new better looking ones. The beefy looking ones with fake bolt heads probably. But I can't seem to find any on the net for a series 4. Any help would be appreciated.
Also as you can see, there seems to be 2 mounting points that are metal and one has corroded away. Are these standard or a repair job that someone has done, and if standard how do I find them?
A lot of questions but someone will know.
Cheers team
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Carroll493d
Date registered 02.07.2020

RE: Front wheel arch departed at speed

#2 by Tek76 , Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:48 pm

If you want to trade up - you're looking at about £350-400 for the Kut Snake options(medium and w i d e). There are usually a few floating around on Ebay second hand, and there's a custom maker in Cyprus that also does them - @animal (click on his name) has the cyprean set in his profile pic.
As to the OE part that caused a brown alert during your journey, that appears to be a standard factory flare.
For a future reference - its only an L200 in europe/russia - it's also called the strada and triton(australia)

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

RE: Front wheel arch departed at speed

#3 by animal , Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:18 am

Forum Graphics Representative Stickers

06 animal automatic .2" body lift, 3" suspension lift, colour coded chrome parts , black wide arches , de-cat, dump valve , boost gauge, huge deep dish wheels, airbrushing, twin headlight conversion , a-bar, side bars , 7" GPS head unit , dash cam , 150db train horns , carbon pillar covers, Karrman 4x4 diff drop kit , snorkel , 42 led light bar mounted above front screen , wind deflectors ,

animal
Date registered 01.02.2013

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Injector gone bad

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor