Advice needed

#1 by Murffy , Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:49 am

Hi folks, new member/owner looking for some info. Just purchased a 12 plate Warrior LB Double cab. Should the tail gate lock with the central locking ? How easy is it to change the gear lever knobs, they are both almost worn smooth. Is it normal to have a very slight shake on the steering at slower speeds, it is sitting on LT245/70/17 BF Goodrich tyres and was just mot’d 5/8/2020. Will probably have some more questions as I get acquainted with the truck in the coming weeks.
Thanks in advance.
Dave.
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Murffy  
Murffy
Date registered 08.02.2020

RE: Advice needed

#2 by krutly , Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:00 am

hello bud
they dont come with tailgate locks but you can buy them (eagle4x4) from different places for around 50 quid ish
most roller covers and hardtops will keep the tailgate from opening when fitted (mine does)
gear lever knobs are easy to change they just unscrew , dont lose the nylon threaded bit from inside them
a new gear knob is 150 quid plus vat ..... I was gonna replace mine but decided at that price that I could live with them being worn
slight shake in the steering I'd be checking the tyres are balanced first off if it were me
or swap the front and back wheels over to see if there's any difference

there's a chance I've got a spare 4x4 knob kicking around somewhere ....... the small one with all the 4H 2H stuff on it

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

RE: Advice needed

#3 by Murffy , Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:57 pm

Hi krutly,
Thanks for your input. Think it is an Eagle cover on the back but the tail gate still opens with it fitted. Will look into getting a locking kit for the tail gate.Looking to get a hard top at some point as well. Found out that the gear knobs unscrew whilst giving it a good clean today. Like you I think I might just put up with them being worn if that’s the price of a new one, might have a hunt round some scrappies. Will try swapping wheels around when I get a chance.
Notice that the front bash plate is rusted quite badly so that’s another bit for the shopping list. Few other little things needing done but nothing serious.
Dave.

Murffy  
Murffy
Date registered 08.02.2020

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Power Upgrade Pack.....????

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor