Canopies

#1 by Murffy , Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:47 pm

Looking to buy a full canopy for my 2012 Warrior, (series 7 mk4 I believe but willing to be corrected) . What are the best ones to go for?, looking for sliding rather than pop out side windows. I have a kit for central locking the tailgate but I haven’t fitted it yet. What canopies are the best/closest fit and what are they like for condensation? Any advice/help would be much appreciated as it is a big outlay and has to be right.

Dave.

Edit.. forgot to mention it’s a Double Cab, Longbed.

Murffy  
Murffy
Date registered 08.02.2020

Last edited 08.23.2020 | Top

RE: Canopies

#2 by krutly , Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:27 pm

I've had 2 different canopies on 2 different trucks
they've both let loads of water in no matter how much I tried to seal them
changed them both for roller shutters
both roller shutters have leaked but tend only to leak at the corners by the tailgate

how well they keep the water out will have a bit to do with what load liner or carpet you have fitted and if it's over rail or under rail
heard some say that tiger seal is good or neoprene type of gasket is also worth trying when getting them to seal
mine has (had) sliding windows , it's sat down the side of my house now with one of the windows smashed after I was doing some strimming and a stone flicked up and smashed it

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by Murffy , Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:31 am

Thanks krutly,
Looking at various options at the moment. Will get a tube of tiger seal and some foam or rubber . The bed liner is under rail. I have an Eagle 4x4 cover on at the moment but it doesn’t fit flush on the front edge due to the shape. Lots of little jobs and mods to keep me busy for a while getting it the way I want it. Waiting on wind deflectors coming for it, then some fiddling with the trip computer mounting in the lower dash is next on the list.
Dave.

Murffy  
Murffy

#4 by krutly , Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:52 am

this may help if you're doing anything with an info screen -------------> How to :- Remove top dash and fit an info screen on a new shape

and the fitting instructions that it came with are in my gallery here --------> g804-Info-display-intructions-and-pictures.html

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#5 by Murffy , Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:39 pm

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Top display (radio, cd/dvd, reverse camera etc ) is fine, it’s the lower unit with all the fuel consumption etc info that is loose. Looks like someone has botched the fitting of it at some point. Will need to take off the lower panels and see what is going on with it. The red coloured screen is loose, as is the whole unit, hopefully just needing some minor adjustments of the fixings as all is working with it. While I am at it I am going to replace the fag lighter socket as it doesn’t work.
Plenty to keep me busy.
Dave.

Murffy  
Murffy

Last edited 08.25.2020 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Codes codes & more codes

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor