passenger side widow

#1 by scot the sniper , Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:55 am

hi all last one for the time being last person that had this l200 the passenger widow was working then it stopped would not go up or down is there a common fault with this on the l200 is so what is it motor or something else?

any help would be greatly appriciated

scot the sniper

Remember Your Never Alone When You're A Schizophrenic

scot the sniper
Date registered 10.09.2012

RE: passenger side widow

#2 by krutly , Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:47 pm

definitely check the fuses first
mate's barbarian had a really slow passenger window that needed help to get it back up again every time (it's an age thing so I'm told )
a liberal spray of silicone spray in the tracks helped a lot but never cured it

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by scot the sniper , Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:50 pm

Update took door card off sprayed silicone spray down the window channels then greased up the runners worked window up and down a few time going down ok going up got stiff slightly when window was halfway up then all of a sudden it stopped switching button up and down all i got was a click waited 10 seconds then pulled swith up it went up half an inch then stopped again 20 sec later same again until it went all the way up same problem going down and up again anyone had this problem window motor or switch heeelp plz

scot the sniper

#4 by krutly , Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:08 pm

did it just stop or did it try and go down again ? if it tried to go down again that's the anti trap mech kicking in

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#5 by scot the sniper , Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:09 pm

Funny u should say that yes it did on a few occasions. Also speaking with last owner as I have just had since last thur he said the window started going up at an angle or down cant remember told his wife to not touch the button she forgot and it stuck they managed to get it back up and I told them to unplug the switch they did this to stop any more mishaps they were meant to come to me to have a look 3 weeks went by then he sold it to me now I have the problem so what do I need to get or fix. Thx scot

scot the sniper

#6 by krutly , Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:41 pm

when this happened on my mates barbarian the window would go down at one angle and come back up at a slightly different one
I wasn't there when he took his apart but apparently the whole window mech was moving within the holes where it should have been fixed to the door itself

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#7 by scot the sniper , Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:38 pm

How did he fix it mate

scot the sniper

#8 by krutly , Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:00 pm

he sold the truck before he got round to fixing it ........ sold it to you by the sounds of it !!

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#9 by scot the sniper , Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:01 pm

Lol nice one I have ordered new regulator so see how that goes

scot the sniper

#10 by krutly , Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:19 pm

from what he said the regulator was moving round in the holes that should have held it in place if that makes sense

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#11 by scot the sniper , Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:54 pm

The regulator is bolted on ur answer will become clear i hope when removing the old one

scot the sniper

#12 by krutly , Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:46 am

when you remove the old one and fit the new one , could you take a few photos ? as that may help others in the future as this looks like it could be a common problem
cheers bud

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#13 by malky , Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 pm

try changing the switch for one out of the back door - removes dodgy switchyness as an issue. - it does sound anti trap which is driven by the system detecting additional load to the drive - it may be the motor is just worn and using more current and tripping however is far more likely caused by debris or obstruction in the channels. - clean them like a man possessed - lube them within an inch of their life (not the first time thats been said on this forum ) - retest - it may need a regulator but a bit of elbow grease is worth the effort....

and good luck sir.

**WARNING - The above post may contain opinions and/or unnecessary sarcasm!**

FORD FIESTA 1.0L ZETEC 2014
VAUXHALL CORSA 2013
FORD RANGER 2014 LIMITED

malky  
malky
Date registered 10.06.2011

#14 by scot the sniper , Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:28 am

Ok never got ur message about taking pics mate but I can do a story.
Ok decided to replace the window regulator in the passenger front door straight forward job.

1 take of door card 3x screws 1 in the door handle 1 in the window switch and 1 on lefthand side of the door card. Then poppers around the door card pop them off and remove door card once removed undo the 2x screws holding the door handle on and remove bottom of door card the interior light by twisting it off then put door card somewhere safe out the way. Look at the inside of the passenger door there are 6x bolts hold the regulator on plus a plug for the electric motor. Ok so now plug the switch back in and put the window down until you line up the 2 bolts that hold the window to the regulator. Right hand bolt should line up with a small round holeon the right and left bolt will be lined up with a big gapping hole on the left undo both bolts and gently pull window towards you to get it of the rail and then push window back up and use tape to hold window in place away from the regulator I used a snapon glass sucker to hold in in place ok once this is done unplug the switch and put away next unplug the plug on the window regulator motor. Once this is done remove the 4x bolts that hold the regulator on an 2x bolts that holt a rail on then remove regulator out the left hand gapping hole.

Now its time to swap the motor over to the new regulator pat attention th where the motor is sitting on the teeth on the old regulator and put on new regulator in exactly the same position 3x torn bolts hold the motor on. Once this is done put all back in reverse order job done.

Once I had done this mine was still the same window stopping and going up slow I was having a few swary words. Next I took of one of the window sweeps on the top of the door inside one put window back down undid the 2x bolts securing window to the regulator then manoveted window up and turned it on its side and removed the whole window out of the car and put away out the rd then looked down the channels that the window runs up and down on and found the problem the runner on the door handle side had turned in on its self and was trapping the window with a pick and a long flathead screwdriver I put it back into position put more silicone spray down the runners put all back together window works a treat now no problems at all.

In hindsight when I first took the bolts out of the window to push it up out the way it was a struggle to push it up so if ur fitting a regulator and find when pushing the window up out the way and its really stiff going up 9x outta 10 its one of the runners at fault hope this helps someone else on the forum.
Cheers scot

scot the sniper

#15 by scot the sniper , Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:35 am

P.s the old regulator is for sale now nothing wrong with it lol

scot the sniper

Last edited 09.13.2020 | Top

#16 by krutly , Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:46 am

so in the end it was the runner on the handle side of the glass that was trapping the window and causing it to jam is that correct ?

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#17 by scot the sniper , Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:25 pm

Yes the rubber in the runner had twisted in on itself in the runner causing window to go very slow and stop and activate the pressure sensor also made the window go lopsided as well going up more on the right

scot the sniper

Last edited 09.13.2020 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
L200 disc backing plate needed ?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor