k74 warrior cutting out

#1 by rovertb ( Guest ) , Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi folks, here for some help, after searching the inter web, came across this forum, and waiting for activation, problems with my k74 warrior, it now only runs for a minute or two then stalls, as if it seems to run out of fuel, had to get a tow home from a very nice lady from the AA , it started a few days ago when it was just difficult to start, had to crank it hot or cold as it seems like it needed to suck the fuel up before starting, then ran ok ,now its worse and undrivable, what happens now is when i get it started after cranking, it runs smooth for a while then splutter and die, then i push the primer until it gets hard i can start it start again then it dies again, also found out that if i push the primer just before it dies it will recover and continue to run for a minute then dies if left, also noticed white smoke from exhaust, had a good look around ,and cant see any fuel leaks, wondered if i had a air leak , or is my pump knackered , has had a service about 1000 miles all filters etc, i even put the old fuel filter back on just in case new one was faulty but its just the same, any ideas anyone cheers!! Trevor

rovertb

RE: k74 warrior cutting out

#2 by 123hotchef , Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:00 pm

check the fuel lines and stck pipes on tank for corrosion and air being sucked in where r u based?

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by Guest , Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:10 pm

Hi thanks for that, i did have a look and they look little corroded but dry, same with hoses, had them off and checked for cracks etc, I'm based in Ipswich cheers

#4 by Guest , Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:38 pm

hi folks, just thought id add an update, as suggested fuel lines, narrowing the problem down to being between the filter and tank as it ran perfect with dummy tank setup, so after removing fuel tank to inspect the stack pipe etc, found the problem, it was indeed the hose fuel pipe pipe between the stack and metal lines with loads of cracks and splits, which was sucking in the air, stack pipes not in great condition so replaced also, all running sweet again

L200 Overheat campaign
Wheels

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor