Brake pipes question.

#1 by The raging bull , Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:00 pm

So I’ve had to replace the brake pipes for the MOT this week. When taking it back for its retest, found out the guy meant the front to rear pipes that run the length of the truck. In haste I’ve rushed back home and taken them off, got new ones made up and then realised I’ve not marked up which goes where.
Question is this. One is longer and goes to off side wheel, one is shorter and goes to near side. Both plug into a joint at the front near side wheel, one at the top and one underneath.
Which is which? I think the near side shorter one goes to the top but just wanted to make sure.
Can anyone confirm this please?
It’s a 2007 raging bull (pram)
Thanks guys

The raging bull
Date registered 04.18.2020

RE: Brake pipes question.

#2 by The raging bull , Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:12 pm

So, I’ve just gone with what I thought above and bled them through. All seems ok and working so hopefully that will be that. If I’m wrong, please feel free to let me know, not that I care anymore 🤷‍♂️, just glad it’s done!

The raging bull
Date registered 04.18.2020

RE: Brake pipes question.

#3 by Rob1307 , Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:04 pm

I’ve not been on for a while and don’t know much about the newer models but most abs units have it marked on them as to what wheel the pipe goes to so you could track it back from there, not knowing much on those models I may be wrong

02 animal double cab back on the road after two years in a barn
shogun sport , not much I can say about it really other than it’s slower than the l200 🤷‍♂️
In hythe kent

Rob1307
Date registered 08.02.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
L200 Stereo DAB issue

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor