Not firing

#1 by Jonnyl200 ( Guest ) , Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:09 pm

Hi, thanks in advance for any help.

I have a 2004 L200 double cab pickup. It recently got a doner engine. Also recently it has decided it won't fire. First time last 3 weeks ago it had been running stopped it to go and do some jobs around the farm and wouldn't start. Tried bumping it no joy. Eventually put jump leads on it and after 10 mins something ( like and electric lift pump) started buzzing and it fired into life.

A week later it wouldn't start i tried every day and on day 3 it started.

It happened again yesterday while I was at the supermarket. Had to get towed home. Messed about with it today. Put the fuel shut off valve from my old engine to see if that would make a difference. No Joy. Left the jump leads on it for a while charging of my Disco. Eventually the buzzing came back and it fired first time.

There is no Glow light when its at this capers I feel this is somehow evolved.

Any ideas on what to do. I really don't do anything other than give it time. But its not an ideal solution.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jonnyl200

RE: Not firing

#2 by ronniecabers , Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:09 pm

Check the earth to the buzz bar for the glow plugs. Recheck all wiring for any breaks . Unplug and reseat electrical connections

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Last edited 01.17.2021 | Top

RE: Not firing

#3 by 123hotchef , Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:51 pm

engine control relay, does the engine light come on and go off when this happens

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

L200 Overheating
Beeps & Dings

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor