New boy on the truck

#1 by chronofirefly , Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:40 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for having me. I am Steve the nurse. Worked both in and out of hospital including contracted private ambulance work... that is how my L200 story started.

I needed a car to replace my 4x4 Scout that was ageing, needing expensive repairs and was not very viable as the 4x4 vehicle in the small fleet. This is where my brother suggested looking at an L200... particularly the barbarian. Got a series 5 L200 Barbarian which started life as a vehicle for a mining company and then bought by me for use in business as an emergency ambulance transporting Organs, Blood, staff, patients and basically anything which needed moving around the country. Very quickly I realised I was in love and she never got any of my staff touching the keys, except on events where I was in charge and couldn’t be mobile with her. She is credited with being the one called on when everyone else stopped. Aberdeen to London in all weathers and conditions everyone knew we were reliable.

Covid 19 killed all the work and at the minute she is my daily driver over everything else. I always wanted an Ex mod 110 Landy or a series 3 89’ but test drove one and fell out of love very quickly. When the barbarian arrived I am pleased to say I found everything I was looking for.

Currently still in full livery and marking a battle scar of a cracked housing on her passenger side mirror from a blue light run I am thinking of debadging and adding an a frame to the front. Spend a bit of time on my aunt and uncles farm, funnily enough showing up the Land Rover they have in terms of power off road, towing capacity and overall ability.

I’ll upload some pictures when I figure out how.

chronofirefly  
chronofirefly
Date registered 03.03.2021

7-3-21 Welcome to 10 New members
1-3-21 Welcome to 9 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor