Mitsu W698 USB capability

#1 by Jasper , Sat May 22, 2021 9:57 am

Dear ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls and other possible genders of nowadays,

my question to you is rather simple - I have a W698 radio with separate display in my L200 - alas with no USB port. This radio has the capability to play mp3s thru the CD player and even has the capability to display the names of folders and particular music files. Can you think of any usable way how to add an usb capability to this radio so that it can play mp3s from an usb source (like usb key)?

First I tried a 12V cigarette lighter plug FM transmitter but that proved to be money wasted. There is ever present noise and disturbance in the audio transmission and also the transmitter display is rather small. Mostly it was the noise in audio while transmitting which made this device wasted money.

Secondly - as the radio has a rear CD changer plug - I got a WEFA CD changer emulator. The problem is (apart from stuttering with some mp3s) that the emulator decodes the mp3s and forwards them to the radio as an audio CD. As a consequence the radio display does not display names of folders or individual music files. It only displays Track 1 etc as with an audio CD. Navigation among the folders is not really possible as it cannot be seen what folder one is in. In other words - this emulator is also not a real choice.

Can you think of any CD changer emulator which will not convert mp3s to audio CD format but will forward the mp3s to the radio so it can decode them itself? In other words - can you think of anything how to make this radio to play mp3s from an usb source and display the names of folders and files at the same time so that one can navigate among the files in a meaningful way?

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Jasper

Jasper  
Jasper
Date registered 04.26.2021

Egr blank
Power socket in rear tub

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor