L200 brake fade

#1 by Trickshot ( Guest ) , Sun May 23, 2021 4:16 pm

I have just replaced the front pads on the truck, didn't break into the system just pushed the pistons back, now when I start up when pressed the pedal goes spongy and to the floor. It's fine without the engine running and with the servo pipe clamped. I have also blocked off the master cylinder outlet ports with bleed nippels and that holds pressure when running or not. I have now bled all 4 corners and the situation is the same. Has anyone had this before or got any suggestions? It's an 06 plate. Cheers guys.

Trickshot

RE: L200 brake fade

#2 by Rob1307 , Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:35 pm

New pads on old discs will need to wear to the shape of the disc so the brake pedal gets a spongy feel to it while the wear to shape

02 animal double cab back on the road after two years in a barn
shogun sport , not much I can say about it really other than it’s slower than the l200 🤷‍♂️
In hythe kent

Rob1307
Date registered 08.02.2014

RE: L200 brake fade

#3 by Trickshot ( Guest ) , Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:23 pm

It's not a case of pads settling in as the pedal goes to the floor once the engine is running. I have fitted a new master cylinder, replaced the abs twice, bled numerous times. Isolated each line and when the passenger side is concerned the pedal goes to the floor. I have clamped the hoses and they are not ballooning, it's as if the calipers are leaking but they are not, everything was fine until I fitted the new pads.

Trickshot

K74 3.0 V6 downpipes, exhaust &cat
Heater only blows warm air through yhe dash

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor