L200 with a 1UZ-FE

#1 by Camone , Tue May 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi all,

Looking to part ways with my old girl... no, not the wife, my truck.
It is a 2003 on a 53 plate. It has had the Lexus LS400 motor transplanted.
The install was done by Theoc4x4 in Gloucestershire, and Hertscustom4x4 has also done some work on the vehicle.
The motor is run by a stand-alone aftermarket ECU; Megasquirt from memory.

The interior is what you would expect from an almost 20 year old truck. There are a few marks here and there but generally in good condition. Slight bubbling on the some of the paintwork on the wheel arches due to surface rust, but no major areas of concern.
The bonnet paint is looking a little tired, but no flaking or rust.
The chassis is solid with only surface rust as to be expected on this age of vehicle.

Things that could/need be sorted. I would change the gearbox to a manual as the auto does not do the motor any justice. I would also replace the rear diff for something with a longer final drive. Cruising at anything above 70 is a little heavy on the fuel consumption. But it sounds bloody awesome!! And have left many a boy racer standing at the lights wondering how such an old truck can leave them for dead from the lights in a cloud of noise and petrol fumes. 😊

This is the start of what could be an absolute off road beast for someone who has the time to complete. These swaps are quite common in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. And the popularity of the 1UZ-FE lump in the UK has meant that the value of the motor alone is probably worth more that the rest of the truck.

The vehicle is currently SORN so would need to be trailered away.

What do you think it is worth? Anyone want another project?

Camone  
Camone
Date registered 09.01.2014

mitsi 20 inch alloys good tyres
Free Bonnet wind deflector

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor