2007 L200 Diamond Dash Lights Problem

#1 by Ignite , Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:45 am

Hi All,

Help Please!!!

I Had an issue sounding my horn on my 2007 L200 Diamond, and after doing some online research, I found out that my clock spring (Squib) was the culprit. However, I ordered one on eBay and replaced the faulty one myself, as the Main dealer wanted £300 plus Vat for a clock spring alone, labour not included.
After replacing the clock spring, I did get the Airbag light on, which I cleared it using my handheld diagnostic reader, and all was good. Several months ago, the clock spring went faulty again, same as before, ordered on eBay and fitted again, only this time all my lights are on the dash, the airbag, traction, skid control and the hand brake, and I can no longer reset the lights. I even replaced it with two other clock springs, did tracking twice, but still no joy.

I did notice one thing when I fitted the first clock spring that there was a line marking on the steering column, which has now disappeared, and I'm 100% convinced that I've fitted the steering wheel without proper alignment, and this is causing all the fuss with the dash lights.
I'm in the South East London area and desperately looking for someone with experience to help me to sort this out, as I don't want to take it to the Main dealer.

Please feel free to contact me if you think you can give me a hand with this. I'm willing to pay and have a spare clock spring ready.

Thanks in advance.

Leo

Ignite  
Ignite
Date registered 07.02.2021

x
How to remove injectors...4D56

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor