Extended coolant/heater hoses

#1 by Fingers , Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:40 pm

Hi all, sorry for the long winded waffle but, following the fitting of a new engine in my b40, something has come to my attention which I believe I can't be the only one. Its fitted with a 2" body lift, when fitted I adjusted the position of the rad hoses to fit better and not foul the fan. however, the hoses at the rear of engine to bulk head feeding the heater core are tight. My opinion is all hoses need to be 2" longer, (extended brake hoses not an issue to get hold of) How has everyone else overcome this issue? I can find silicone hose kits for every car but not the L200. I could make the hoses up out of separate parts but the less joints the better surely. Thanks in advance.

Fingers  
Fingers
Date registered 04.11.2020

RE: Extended coolant/heater hoses

#2 by 123hotchef , Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:50 am

ever cut and use a joiner I hate that or just get generic heater hose and cut to length I keep the decent thick silicon hose instock for when I do body lifts. ASH Hoses on ebay are one of my go to companies the quality is great

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by Fingers , Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Cheers for that @123hotchef. I have ordered some from ASH albeit directly not through ebay. I just thought with all the lift kits fitted somebody would do an extended coolant hose kit like they do brake hoses. Hopefully will get it sorted and back on the road. It's like I've lost my left leg.

Fingers  
Fingers
Date registered 04.11.2020

#4 by 123hotchef , Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:53 pm

no point in cutting up the hoses really a 1m length is pretty cheap. I should just get some cut up and supply it with my body lift kits.
but then its the colours and blah blah blah lol

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

2011 Warrior with soft brake pedal (New member)
Tyre size

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor