ABS Sensor Cable Snap

#1 by TomS ( Guest ) , Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:27 pm

Hi,

A few weeks ago the service lights came on my Barbarian L200 in relation to the ABS sensor etc. As the car is less than a year old I took it into Mitsubishi expecting it to be reset or fixed under warranty but they found that the ABS sensor cable had been cut/snapped.

They put it down to 'possible rodent damage' which seemed far fetched given the fact it was clean cut in two places and no gnaw marks but either way it needed to be fixed so I had it replaced.

This morning after starting the car the same service/warning lights came on. I immediately thought that the cable had come loose so now knowing what to look for I got under the truck to find the other side has now snapped or been cut. It is only in one place this time so in theory could be re-joined, but now I'm wondering if this is an issue with the truck rather than a possible rodent/kid with pliers.

Has anyone else had a problem with this cable snapping?

Obviously at £350 a time to get it fixed I would like to know if it is a common problem with these new trucks or if I need to figure out a way to protect the wires from 'rodents'.

Any advice is welcome.

TomS

RE: ABS Sensor Cable Snap

#2 by 123hotchef , Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:20 pm

Yes just join the wires back together and get the light reset. Not sure about kids cutting cables are you the type that upsets the local kids

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

Replacement seats - power seat cable
Can I fit 285’s?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor