Heated seat wiring.

#1 by 2tall , Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:33 pm

Good afternoon all,

I've got a 2015 B40 Barbarian with heated seat issues.

The drivers seat doesn't heat up. When you press the low setting the LO illuminates red but don't feel anything warming up. When you push the HI setting there are a few clicks coming from the relay then all the lights on the switch go out and won't come back until you switch off the ignition. Disconnecting the seat makes the switch work as it should. I've tried the drivers switch and relay in the passenger seat and works as it should so must be the seat right?

I've had the seat out and checked the wiring from the switch to the seat, when on LOW setting there is no voltage when on HI there is 10vdc. The resistance of the back element is 17 ohms and the base element is 23 ohms.

There also seems to be something missing from under the seat. Underneath the passenger seat there is what looks like an element going into a hole in the foam with a wire that seems to go with the seat belt Warning wiring. There is nothing on the drivers seat.

If the elements are goosed/missing can I fit universal heated seat pads to the existing wiring and switch, anyone done this?

Cheers Martin,

P.S. anyone know where I can get some of these white V shape panel clips, broke a few removing panel.

2tall  
2tall
Date registered 11.05.2021

Fuel pump, turbo & wiring transfer FBW to pre-FBW
Auto gearbox selector shaft seal

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor